Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove custom scripts

Hello,

I imported indicators and now I want to remove them. How do I do to delete them for good on NT8 ?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the question,

For common topics like Importing/Removal, these can be found in the help guide. For using the NinjaScript editor, here is the documentation: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/editor.htm

Click On "NinjaScript Explorer" and this page shows all the options for managing your files.

For purchased or protected files, you would still need to use the "Remove NinjaScript assembly" menu which is in the Tools menu.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Allright, then I have a problem.

I cannot retrieve the indicator I want to remove (MESAAMA) and its folder (MovingAverage) inside the NinjaScript Explorer tree.
      Please look at screenshots.

Can you help ?
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I just wanted to confirm, are you seeing this item in the Tools -> Remove NinjaScript assembly menu? if this is part of a Pack of items, it is likely named after the pack rather than just the indicator.

If this item is not shown in the NinjaScript editor, that would generally be a third party item that needs to be removed using the Remove NinjaScript menu.

Can you confirm if you see it in that menu, if not this could be the way the item was developed, you can still manually remove it but I wanted to ensure we cover all bases for removing it correctly first.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

It is not a third party .dll indicator or the likes and I was not looking at Remove NinjaScript assembly.

Out of the 3 images I attached, first one is from the Indicators panel on chart and the two other screenshots come from NinjaScript Editor panel, NinjaScript Explorer window.
          Last edited by SARdynamite; 11-05-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for confirming that, you can look in the file system for the item to remove it in this case.

I am unsure without seeing the code being used what is happening, it potentially could be that the file name is different than the display name making it confusing to remove.

Please try opening the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators

And see if you see the items located in here, if so, just move them out of the folder to your desktop or other location and if the NinjaScript editor is open, it should see the change, if not re compile.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes