Can't Load and Can't Repair NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Load and Can't Repair NT8

I'm having problems with NT 8. At first I could not load it so I uninstalled and re-installed but still not working.

Here is my troubleshooting activity...

I uninstalled NT8
    Cleared my Browser cache
    Rebooted my computer
    Reinstalled NT8

all this and I still get the message in the attachment....

regards,
    taddypole...
    Attached Files

Found these messages in the Trace file for today.... Would these prevent NT8 from loading?

2015-11-04 11:51:35:160 ERROR: Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.aGenericIndica torTemplate'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
    2015-11-04 11:51:35:160 ERROR: Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.BarTimeSix002' . Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
    2015-11-04 11:51:35:161 ERROR: Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.aBbMacdWidth3' . Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
    2015-11-04 11:51:35:654 Starting server message polling timer with interval 300 seconds...
    2015-11-04 11:51:37:271 Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnRender: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    2015-11-04 11:51:40:894 Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.OnRender: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

Comment

never mind.... just needed to do a "full" delete and re-install. Seems to be working now...

taddypole...

Comment

I'm glad to hear you're back up and running. Do you still have the offending Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder, by chance? Did you rename it and keep it, or delete it entirely? If you still have the old folder, it would be helpful if you could send it to us so that we can plug it in on our end and try to reproduce the issue.

During the Beta phase we try hard to avoid using a full re-installation to solve an unaddressed issue, and if there is anything we can do to reproduce the issue consistently, then we can look into making a change to ensure it does not happen in the future.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Sorry Dave,

I looked for the deleted files in the re-cycle bin but they are gone. I'll try to remember that next time.

I'm not sure there was a lot of useful information those errors as I had tried to use the utility provided in these threads to convert NT7 code to NT8. The problem was that I tried to do them all at one time which created too many errors. So the decision to do a full delete and re-install was rather easy.

I'll probably try the utility again, but will only do one indicator at a time.

regards,
          taddypole...

Comment

That's understandable. Thank you for reporting either way.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes