Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts

Has anyone played with any of the new Alert code in NT8? Wondering if there are any examples of how to create one / possible read the message in one?

Hello happypappy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Just for additional clarification, are you speaking of the alerts that you can create directly from the chart by right-clicking on the chart and selecting Alerts, or are you speaking about calling Alert() from NinjaScript?

With NinjaScript, utilizing the Alert() method call is similar to how it was in NinjaTrader 7. More information about how to create an alert through NinjaScript can be found at this link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/?alert.htm

If creating an alert through the Alerts window from a chart, you can find more information about doing this at this link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ing_alerts.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey, so I used the example code to create an Alert through a NinjaScript. But how can I then read the alerts created by a NinjaScript?

Like a 2 stage process, create alert x.
      Check if Alert x exists still later or has been cleared.

Clearing alerts is listed in the examples as well and is working.

I cant figure out how to read messages from the alerts or even read which alerts exist. To that if I manually created an alert I want the script to be able to read the alert and messages in it.
      Last edited by happypappy; 11-09-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Further to this post, if I can not read the alerts from here...... Is it possible I create an addon window that I can then read items from?

Comment

Hello happypappy,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "read messages from the alerts or even read which alerts exist"?

Are you speaking of the alerts shown in the Alerts Log window of the platform?

EDIT: Please take a look at this referenced thread on how you can pull data from the NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Alert.AlertHistory collection: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...544#post436544

You can most certainly create an AddOn (that does your logic) with a custom class that can be accessed from indicators and strategies.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 11-10-2015, 12:26 PM.
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by happypappy View Post
              Perfect thanks very much.
              NT is a great product BUT for a SIMPLE, single or multiple alerts I recommend ninjaCATORS.com

I've used nCators alerts for 3 years. Note: They have lots of simple trading tools BUT they won't be available for NT "8" as long as it's in Beta.

Comment

Originally posted by happypappy View Post
                Has anyone played with any of the new Alert code in NT8? Wondering if there are any examples of how to create one / possible read the message in one?
                Nope. Not yet... Too many issues in Playback-MR to branch out...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes