MBTrading Connect Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading Connect Error

I cannot connect NT 8.0.0.6 Beta to MB Trading.
    I have installed MBT Desktop Pro 2.2.0.72 and followed the connection guide at http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide
    I started Desktop Pro as administrator and checked the "enable API" box.
    NT8 connection was configured with ID and password.
    When I try to connect an error message appears: MB Trading Connect Error: An error occured while sending the request (Logon Failed).

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. I have no problem connecting with NT7 and Navigator 11.9.0.51 (which was uninstalled and replaced with Desktop Pro)

Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151108b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	904276
    Last edited by Camdo; 11-08-2015, 02:44 PM.

Hello Camdo,

Thank you for your post,

Are you able to connect using just the MB Desktop Pro software, without connecting NinjaTrader?

I suggest adding NinjaTrader 8 and the newer Desktop pro as exception to any firewalls or virus protection software on your PC, as these could block the connection.

I look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

EricB, thank you for the reply.

I can connect with just MB Desktop Pro with firewall both on and off.

I have Norton Security Suite on my computer and typically use its firewall. I have checked that only one firewall is on at a time (ie. Windows firewall is off when Norton's is on).

NinjaTrader and MB Desktop Pro are exempted from both firewalls. There are no restrictions.

Windows firewall was tried. That failed.

I tried using no firewall and still could not connect NT8.

I tried disabling all Norton security options including: Auto-Protect, Sonar Protection, Smart Firewall, Intrusion Prevention, Email Protection, Identity Safe, Browser Protection, Safe Surfing, and DownLoad Intelligence and still cannot connect NT8.

When Norton firewall is active, it shows no connection issues in its "security history" window when NT fails to connect. For that reason, I do not think this is a firewall or security issue.

When I start Desktop Pro as administrator, after entering password, I get a security rule match "Default Block All Inbound Windows Services (Public Networks)". Please note that Desktop Pro connects okay. Here is the screenshot:

Name:	20151111.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	876775

I cannot say if this rule match is normal or if it signifies an error. When I start NT8 I do not get the rule match. So this makes me think that NT8 is not starting Desktop Pro?? Just a theory as I am not sure exactly how NT8 is using Desktop Pro.

I am at a loss as what to do next. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Because the error seems to be related to being on a public network, to test, try switching your network to a Private network / domain (you can do this by selecting your wireless or cabled connection from the lower right of the Task Bar > Open Network and Sharing Center). If it's set as Public, try changing to Private or Home network.

Also, please take the steps in the below publicly available resource to have MB Desktop always run as admistrator.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ff431742.aspx

Let me know the behavior you see with these steps.

Comment

Hi Eric_B
          I tried your suggestions:

Because the error seems to be related to being on a public network, to test, try switching your network to a Private network / domain (you can do this by selecting your wireless or cabled connection from the lower right of the Task Bar > Open Network and Sharing Center). If it's set as Public, try changing to Private or Home network.
          Looked into this and found my PC has 2 networks, one private and one public. I switched both to private tested, and then both to public and tested again. NT8 could not connect either way.

Also, please take the steps in the below publicly available resource to have MB Desktop always run as admistrator.
          I tried making Desktop pro always with administrative privileges per the above link although procedure was a little different as I have Vista. Still could not connect NT8.

I noticed that when the Desktop Pro API is configured that a message pops up. You have to be very quick to capture it, but I did. Attached is a screen shot:

"RegAsm : Warning RA0000 : Registering an unsigned assembly with /codebase can cause your assembly to interfere with other applications that may be installed on the same computer. The /codebase switch is intended to be used only with signed assemblies. Please give your assembly a strong name and re-register it. Types registered successfully "

No types are shown so maybe it is not registering??

Name:	151122e.jpg
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	876849

Name:	151122g.jpeg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	876848
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Camdo; 11-22-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hello Camdo,

Thank you for trying that. So we may look into this further, please send your log and trace files, along with a link to this forum page to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes