Nt8-b6 - Strategy Trades not showing on charts.. new variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8-b6 - Strategy Trades not showing on charts.. new variation

I've reported this numerous times, thought I'd worked around it.

Here's what I know at this point:

1) Adding a strategy to the Control Center tab doesn't do anything on the chart like NT7.

Okay - fine. Who knows if this is correct for NT8?

2) Adding a strategy to a chart does work.

Until - you exit NT8, and return.

I re-ran found I had missed adding a strategy to 2 contracts.. SO I added them to the chart.

Now, the 2 tabs that I added the strategy to, Have the trades.... All the other tabs DO NOT have any trades. (Even though they were taken).

This does nothing for anyone trying to review results.

The chart still knows about the strategy that was added to it from previous session, but doesn't do anything, so there is a disconnect.

If you also connect to Playback, Add your strategies to your charts/tabs, (enable all strategies(I don't think this step matters)), and change Playback-MR start date, your trades will not show on the charts either.

Comment

sledge,

I believe I may be experiencing the same issue as you, though looking at different symptoms.
      Please review the video in the NT Forum thread (http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79829), for ease of reference (http://screencast.com/t/X2JJxILnZ9v).

If this is the same issue, it is not that the strategy is not showing trades, it is the strategy fails to process at all on restart.

Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by Shansen View Post
        sledge,

I believe I may be experiencing the same issue as you, though looking at different symptoms.
        Please review the video in the NT Forum thread (http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79829), for ease of reference (http://screencast.com/t/X2JJxILnZ9v).

If this is the same issue, it is not that the strategy is not showing trades, it is the strategy fails to process at all on restart.

Shannon
        Well, I do have an added indicator in my strategy.

My strategies do run.

When I enable them everything looks fine.

What I'm looking for us the price markers on the chart that show text and arrows, buy 1 @ es 2033.25. Those become lost from the charts on the scenarios I listed.

Kind of hard to review the playback-market Replay on a chart if no results can be seen.

Comment

Hi sledge,

Apologies for the slow response, but I believe I know what's causing this: the Playback Connection does not retain historical trade data after you disconnect it. If you restart the platform or disconnect/reconnect to the Playback connection, you shouldn't expect it to retain your historical trade data. Some actions, such as modifying the start times or moving the playback slider will also reset the Playback account.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielTynera  
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle