Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Non-Plot Series to Be Listed in Market Analyzer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Non-Plot Series to Be Listed in Market Analyzer?

    Hi,

    My indicator paints bars: blue for up trending, red for down trending.
    There are no plots at all.

    I want to make a public series that hold values: 1 for up trending, -1 for down trending. This helps users be able to use the indicator in Market Analyzer.

    However, it seems that Market Analyzer does list non-plot series (sorry for the mistaken title of this thread), but the values of that non-plot series do NOT show in Market Analyzer column ???

    Can someone suggest a solution to my problem?

    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by ninZa; 11-09-2015, 06:05 AM.
    ninZa
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

    #2
    I would extend this request and ask also for these non plot series to be displayed in the Data Box on the chart as well. I would like to have an option to specify if I want to display the values (Market Analyzer/Data Box, etc.) in the declaration of the public series (eg. [Display=true])

    Comment


      #3
      ninZa, have you considered using CurrentText to dynamically set a text value in the Market Analyzer column, rather than displaying a series value directly? You could theoretically update CurrentText every time the value switches from 1 to -1 in your series.

      gredid, thank you for your suggestion. I'll add it to our list to begin to track demand for this feature. (SFT-891)
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 11-09-2015, 10:47 AM.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
        ninZa, have you considered using CurrentText to dynamically set a text value in the Market Analyzer column, rather than displaying a series value directly? You could theoretically update CurrentText every time the value switches from 1 to -1 in your series.

        gredid, thank you for your suggestion. I'll add it to our list to begin to track demand for this feature. (SFT-891)
        Instead of CurrentText, we can use CurrentValue, right? http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...urrenttext.htm

        This way we can create conditions for Market Analyzer to filter cells, such as blue cell for 1 value, red cell for -1 value.
        Am I correct?

        Thanks.
        ninZa
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
          ninZa, have you considered using CurrentText to dynamically set a text value in the Market Analyzer column, rather than displaying a series value directly? You could theoretically update CurrentText every time the value switches from 1 to -1 in your series.

          gredid, thank you for your suggestion. I'll add it to our list to begin to track demand for this feature. (SFT-891)
          Oh no. This seems to be misleading. CurrentText and CurrentValue are properties of MarketAnalyzerColumnBase objects, while I'm asking how to program an indicator so that its non-plot values can be displayed in Market Analyzer.
          ninZa
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

          Comment


            #6
            Hello ninZa,

            Unfortunately, it would not be possible to display an indicator non-plotted Series in the Market Analyzer.

            You would need to utilize a custom Market Analyzer column.

            Alternatively, you can create a transparent plot for your indicator.
            Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
              Alternatively, you can create a transparent plot for your indicator.
              Perfect. No plot shown on chart (no price marker also). But Market Analyzer and Data Box "see" it

              AddPlot(Brushes.Transparent, "Signal");
              ninZa
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

              Comment


                #8
                Display Series<bool>, Series<int> in Market Analyzer

                One of the shortcomings of NinjaTrader 7 was that both the Market Analyzer and the Strategy Builder

                -> would allow for accessing plots and DataSeries objects
                -> but would not permit accessing IntSeries and BoolSeries objects

                I had hoped that NinjaTrader 8 would include the option to access

                -> IntSeries
                -> BoolSeries

                via the Market Analyzer and the Strategy Builder.

                The idea behind this request is that it is quite natural to store trend information (uptrend | downtrend or uptrend|neutral trend| downtrend) in a Series<bool> or Series<int> object. Also such int and bool objects are better suited for checking them for equality. Currently I use Series<double> as a workaround, which are accepted by the market analyzer as plots.

                Is there any hope that you still might add this feature to market analyzer and/or strategy builder?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  One of the shortcomings of NinjaTrader 7 was that both the Market Analyzer and the Strategy Builder

                  -> would allow for accessing plots and DataSeries objects
                  -> but would not permit accessing IntSeries and BoolSeries objects

                  I had hoped that NinjaTrader 8 would include the option to access

                  -> IntSeries
                  -> BoolSeries

                  via the Market Analyzer and the Strategy Builder.

                  The idea behind this request is that it is quite natural to store trend information (uptrend | downtrend or uptrend|neutral trend| downtrend) in a Series<bool> or Series<int> object. Also such int and bool objects are better suited for checking them for equality. Currently I use Series<double> as a workaround, which are accepted by the market analyzer as plots.

                  Is there any hope that you still might add this feature to market analyzer and/or strategy builder?
                  Great points, Harry.
                  Please consider this as my request, too.
                  ninZa
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Its a good idea but there are a lot of gotchas with the actual implementation. I will still add it to our list to research and look into but likely would not be for NT8.

                    However its only a small reach to get the functionality needed in the MA. You can create a MarketAnalyzer Column which simply calls your indicator and then outputs whatever text you liked for the bool series condition.
                    BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                      Its a good idea but there are a lot of gotchas with the actual implementation. I will still add it to our list to research and look into but likely would not be for NT8.

                      However its only a small reach to get the functionality needed in the MA. You can create a MarketAnalyzer Column which simply calls your indicator and then outputs whatever text you liked for the bool series condition.
                      No, this is not feasible. The trend information is calculated within the indicator can not be easily rebuilt with condition builders from the indicator plots.

                      The current workaround is to store the trend information in a Series<double> object, which can be accessed by the market analyzer, even if it is not a plot.

                      This was a NinjaTrader 7 limitation and I had hoped that it would be possible with NinjaTrader to have access to IntSeries and BoolSeries.

                      Now that I have got my answer, I know that I cannot use Series<int> or Series<Bool> objects to store the trend information.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        We are now tracking this request to put our finger on the pulse of user demand for future updates, with ID # SFT-965.
                        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Just to clarify:

                          Two concerns here:

                          For the display in the MA, which my suggestion should make it feasible if we are not on the same page there then we should resync.

                          For the condition builder it is not yet developed. Its not clear if this same limitation would exist. Its a little different since in the condition builder your working with logic and not 'display'.
                          BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Actually just realized the area for confusion. Are you referencing the Alerts Condition Builder or the Strategy Wizard/Builder which is not yet developed for NT8 (But exists in NT7).
                            BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                              Actually just realized the area for confusion. Are you referencing the Alerts Condition Builder or the Strategy Wizard/Builder which is not yet developed for NT8 (But exists in NT7).
                              No, I was talking about the Strategy Wizard / Strategy Builder, which is not yet available for NinjaTrader 8.

                              Originally, I had stored trend information for many indicators via a BoolSeries object uptrend (with a public property Uptrend) or via an IntSeries object trend (with a public property Trend). This was a convenient way to access the trend information in manually developed strategies.

                              Then I got complaints from users who could not access the BoolSeries and IntSeries via the Strategy Wizard. I got more complaints from users who were unable to access the trend information via the Market Analyzer.

                              At that stage I started replacing all the BoolSeries and IntSeries with DataSeries objects. The trend information was then available for both the Market Analyzer and the Strategy Wizard, as all DataSeries objects appear as plots.

                              In case that both Strategy Wizard and Market Analyzer would allow for accessing Series<bool> abd Series<int> objects in NinjaTrader 8, I would rather use those instead of Series<double>.

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ricam, Today, 12:21 PM
                              1 response
                              2 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
                              Started by Hyper, Today, 12:20 PM
                              0 responses
                              3 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Hyper
                              by Hyper
                               
                              Started by sidlercom80, Today, 11:52 AM
                              1 response
                              8 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                              Started by NtFan, Today, 12:03 PM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                              Started by TurtleTrader, Today, 11:50 AM
                              0 responses
                              9 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TurtleTrader  
                              Working...
                              X