Navigating chart price vertically, only goes up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating chart price vertically, only goes up

When I am in a chart in nt8, and i want to scroll up and down vertically I press ctrl, left click mouse and move up and down. About half the time, I am only able to move up. The chart won't scroll down to let me view prices below.

Originally posted by habibalex View Post
    When I am in a chart in nt8, and i want to scroll up and down vertically I press ctrl, left click mouse and move up and down. About half the time, I am only able to move up. The chart won't scroll down to let me view prices below.
    Are you in the chart or the price scale?

In the price scale - I can't move UP unless I move down.

I was able to move all the chart around by the suggestion in the post here:

Comment

I was on the price scale. Thanks for the pointer about pressing ctrl while on the chart, at least that works.

Comment

It's odd we are opposite on the price scale.. I was looking at ES.. it was kind of at it's highs for the contract... but I tried to scroll back to where it was lower to give it some room to move up... wasn't helping.

Maybe the same is true for the opposite kind of stock... maybe SPXU would mimic what you saw on my machine.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your post,

When attempting to scroll the chart vertically, you'll need to place your mouse in the chart Price data itself while holding the Ctrl key, you won't be able to do this by clicking inside the price or X axis.

However, when scrolling horizontally, you can place your mouse in either the Price data or the Y axis.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
            Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your post,

When attempting to scroll the chart vertically, you'll need to place your mouse in the chart Price data itself while holding the Ctrl key, you won't be able to do this by clicking inside the price or X axis.

However, when scrolling horizontally, you can place your mouse in either the Price data or the Y axis.
            At first it feels strange because it is different from how it was done in NT7.

Basically, in NT8, hold CTRL with the mouse anywhere in the chart and you can scroll the whole chart bars in any direction, vertically and/or horizontally. In NT7, to scroll vertically, you needed to put the cursor in the price scale with CTRL to scroll vertically: in NT8, doing such would only allow me to scroll down, never up.

Is this intentional, and do we have to learn a new paradigm? If we are to scroll by being inside the chart, then maybe we should not be able to scroll with the cursor inside the price axis at all, instead of only being allowed to scroll down? Better yet, we maybe just want to be able to scroll up and/or down, not just down?

The axes-scrunching behavior is the same as NT7.
            Last edited by koganam; 12-10-2015, 07:33 PM. Reason: Corrected reference to NT versions.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              In NT7, to scroll vertically, you needed to put the cursor in the price scale with CTRL to scroll vertically: in NT8, doing such would only allow me to scroll down, never up. Is this intentional, and do we have to learn a new paradigm?
              This was reported and acknowledged as current bug the day after B6 was released..

internal tracking number for your reference: NTEIGHT-9025

-=Edge=-
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM