NT8 Compile error Vendor License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Compile error Vendor License

Hi I compiled a custom indicator with and without my vendor license and works fine without vendor license compiled.

When I add my Vendor License Information and I install compiled version in another PC, it says you do not have a valid licence click here to send email or visit website, Does not say anything about free trial.

All information is good but the free trial of 14 days does not activate allowing the customer to use the indicator none of the my indicators over 4 of them show anything when I have the vendor code.

I added the vendor information right under if (State == State.SetDefaults)

VendorLicense("CompanyName", "IndicatorName", "URL", "email");

When I comment the vendor code it then works. Is there a bug with NT8 compiling vendor licenses ????

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. There have been a few issues with vendor licensing recently, but all identified issues should be resolved in Beta 6.

Just to verify, are you and your client using the Beta 6 build? Have you tried placing the VendorLicense method inside the constructor to your class? That is the intended placement, as it is the most secure. Is this a license that you created in NinjaTrader 7, by chance, or did you create it in NinjaTrader 8?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

In order to further assist you with your vendor licensing request please send an email to info(at)ninjatraderecosystem(dot)com.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Where can I find VendorLicenseDemo.cs

I was reading the help pdf for vendor license and there is a reference to VendorLicenseDemo.cs where is this file so I can review.

I have put the simple one line for vendor license almost every where outside of update bar and tried it on the most simple scripts and not working.

My vendor license was reissued for NT8

Comment

Hello nettony,

Can you please send your script to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with a link to this thread and my name referenced so we can investigate further?
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I found the error but I do feel the compiler should pick up on the error
            VendorLicense("Company", "Product", "URL", "EMAIL" );

if you leave a space the end of email like the above statement it will compile but your vendor license will not work....

VendorLicense("Company", "Product", "URL", "EMAIL");

without the space works like usual.

Comment

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. However, I'm not able to reproduce that particular issue on my end when I add an extra space to the end of the last argument. Just so that I can understand more clearly what went wrong, was there anything else that changed between the time it worked and did not work? Had you re-made the license, or anything like that?
              Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes