Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Data download speeds very slow?

Hi guys

I’m consistently getting data download speeds from Kinetick around 200 Kbs on an internet connection capable of 40-50Mb/s. I tried an FXCM connection and it was about the same. This is not a one off or due to unusual circumstances, I have observed this for a while over different internet connections from different service providers. I can simultaneously do a speedtest.net of measurement of >30Mb/s at the same time which my NT8 data is loading so slow.

This is most noticeable when starting NT after it’s been shut down a few hours and it has to new data to download for my charts. CPU & Ram use during this time is minimal so I don’t think it’s a PC issue.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Is it normal for these data providers to max out at such low speeds?

Cheers,
    Shane

Shane,

Thanks for taking the time to post, interesting observation.

We've done our own internal testing and made several enhancements in this area from NT7 to NT8. For example with NT8 we make multiple requests at the same time to load more data concurrently. With large requests we found in out tests NT8 processing historical data for a lot of requests on start ups is typically much faster compared to NT7.

Therefor I suspect (considering there isn't some hidden issue somewhere unique to your setup) that the limit is actually on the provider side. Since there is no 'limit' we would enforce on data request we just make the request and wait for it to come down as fast as it can.

You could confirm any NT7 to NT8 difference by cross checking your findings with NT7 to see if you saw similar or even longer loading times on NT7.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried some testing on NT 7 vs 8 - not timing the loading of a chart, but just observing the bandwidth when both were downloading the Forex data from Kinetick. NT8 seems to have a very stable graph whereas NT7 was spiking (the max spikes are much higher than NT8 but then it is followed by a lower gaps in between the spikes).

Probably doesn't mean much, but thought I would share

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM