NT8 b6 locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 b6 locks up

This problem just started late yesterday....and (unfortunately) I can replicate it at will.

Control panel opens fine...I can edit indicators or change options or do just about anything until I open a chart and try to add an indicator. The chart opens...everything looks good...but when I click on 'Indicator" and try to add one...(doesn't matter which indicator) NT8 locks up and sits there until Windows tells me it is "Not Responding".

I removed NT8....down to bare metal...and did a complete re-install of NT8 b6 from scratch...(including the import of NT7 data) all over again....Same results.

I have no idea what the heck suddenly happened.

They will need to know which market data feed connection you are using.

And they will also probably ask for your log and trace files:

...My Documents\NinjaTrader 8\log
    ...My Documents\NinjaTrader 8\trace

Comment

Hello,

Please forward me your log and trace files so I may look into the issue further. To forward your log and trace files please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did that early this morning.....(before I saw this post, so their is no "Attention to"...but I did include comments about the "lock up" and referred to this NT forum post.

The data feed is NinjaBroker Continuum...
        Last edited by andrew56; 11-13-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I was unable to locate the files. Have you received a reply from another support member? If you have not can you please forward the files once again with Attn Chris Jameson in the Subject line and a link to this thread in the body of the message.

Comment

Will do....I recreated the problem this morning....sending now

Comment

Here is what I captured from the "Error Details" when it died this morning....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Problem signature:
              Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
              Problem Signature 01: NinjaTrader.exe
              Problem Signature 02: 8.0.0.6
              Problem Signature 03: 562fdfc0
              Problem Signature 04: NinjaTrader.Custom
              Problem Signature 05: 8.0.0.6
              Problem Signature 06: 564cabd3
              Problem Signature 07: 997
              Problem Signature 08: 0
              Problem Signature 09: System.StackOverflowException
              OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
              Locale ID: 1033
              Additional Information 1: 199c
              Additional Information 2: 199cc907df8a4654c8ebf31545ec3b64
              Additional Information 3: ac93
              Additional Information 4: ac932fb721b478be6e53cf5b63cba0e7

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
              C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Comment

To forward your log and trace files please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Comment

I have already sent the log and trace files ... (used the NT8 Email function)....
                  ....is that not working reliably in NT8 either???).... if not I can manually get the files and send them.

Comment

OK here is log and trace files....(I just had it crash again)
                    Attached Files

Comment

When reviewing your files I do not see any errors listed. So I may attempt to replicate this on my end please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box in the following items:
                      • Workspace files and UI settings
                      • Template files
                      • Database file

Comment

I may have isolated the problem.....although I have no idea why it might be the problem.

I have a piece of "scratch pad code".....bits and pieces of code quickly copied and pasted into one 'temporary indicator'. I never actually call this code, nor have I ever added it to a chart.....(it gives me a Ninja Editor 'scratch pad' to cut and paste bits).
                        This code compiles...even though it wouldn't really do much of anything.

When this indicator is in NT8....(not called not added to a chart).....NT8 locks up when I try to add any indicator to a chart. When I remove the indicator.....NT8 starts working.

Seq of events....
                        - I open a NT8 chart....click on "Indicator" to add an indicator....anything HMA, EMA doesn't matter....NT locks up and crashes.

- I remove the offending code....repeat the above process....NT8 works.

Now I admit this piece of code is not functional....and Lord knows I have coded some crap in my day....but nothing I do in simple NT8 NinjaScript...(that compiles)....should cause a problem when it isn't even being loaded or called.

This could be a coincidence and the problem is elsewhere, but it seems suspicious that I can replicate this pretty much at will.

Comment

OnStateChange() with State.SetDefaults and State.Terminated is being called when you open the indicator list so that the list can have the proper default values for an indicator. Might have a look there.

Comment

Thanks Tiixo !!
                            Other than trying to remember and 'undo' what happened when NT8 freaked out....(so I could finish my coding schedule).....I haven't taken any time to do much debugging.

Interesting observation....I may take a look at that later

Comment

Originally posted by andrew56 View Post
                              Thanks Tiixo !!
                              Other than trying to remember and 'undo' what happened when NT8 freaked out....(so I could finish my coding schedule).....I haven't taken any time to do much debugging.

Interesting observation....I may take a look at that later
                              The only way an indicator would be causing problems for you if it is not loaded or configured on a chart is if there is logic in the indicator's constructor, or OnStateChange(), specifically during State.SetDefaults and State.Terminated as the previous poster pointed out.

If you can share your script, I'd be happy to look into what may be causing issues with the rest of the system.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post RideMe
                              by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
                              0 responses