Plotting levels from different trading hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting levels from different trading hours

Does NT8 offer any non-customized solutions for plotting values from different trading hours on a chart? For example, on a RTH hours chart, I would like to plot the overnight high, low, mid, etc. Also, on a ETH hours chart, I want to plot the prior day RTH high, low, and mid.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

NinjaTrader 8 would have the capability to display multiple series with multiple sessions along with the ability to do this in NinjaScript as well. The Trading Hours would need to be defined when you set up the chart for each series and any indicators applied to each series would use it as its input for calculations based on that session.

This would also be possible using NinjaScript in NT8, the AddDataSeries method contains a way to specify the added series session.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trading Hours

I am in the process of doing the multi timeframe code you discussed. I have a NinjaTrader7 indicator that uses Sessions that I created which I combined the ETH and RTH hours and I named them i.e. : US Equities Day & Night. It highlights RTH (day) bars and does not highlight ETH (night) bars.

I am in the process of converting to a more modern approach by rewriting it in NinjaTrader8 and I like the Holiday hours info provided.

1) When I see that the "use instrument settings" of my chart is <tradinghours name ETH>
      I need to have a way to find the filename for the RTH tradinghours filename.
      I do not see any new built in function to get the RTH filename for a given ETH name.
      Did I just miss it when I looked for it?

2) So I decided to write indicator script code to look at the tradinghours name and if it has an "ETH" at the end I would replace the "ETH" with "RTH" and see if that filename exists, If it does then do an ADD with that filename.

3) If the file as I explained in 2) above does not exist -then- for some instruments, I will need to write into my script, (for each of the futures instruments that I trade):
      if masterinstment.name is "xx" -then- RTHnam="zzzzzz RTH". Then do an ADD with that filename.

3) If both method 2& 3 above fail, I'll just run my script using the same "use instrument setting" filename provided tradinghours name for both ETH and RTH purposes in my code.

4) Is this a reasonable approach? Is there any nearby plan to add a method to do this for me?

Thanks
      Curt
      Last edited by seefisch; 11-16-2015, 12:28 AM. Reason: further along in my coding

Comment

We do not currently have plans to implement a method which would accomplish that, although it sounds like you have a good plan in place for a helper method which would do the trick. After a quick look through the existing Trading Hours templates, it appears that any Trading Hours which have both an ETH and an RTH template do use the same naming convention, except for Nymex Metals/Energy, so your approach sounds solid to me. However, note that not all pre-built templates have both versions. Some have only an RTH or only an ETH.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes