• Time
  • Show
Clear All

High/Low of day not making sense

Hey guys, so I have a template that shows the following

1 Day Box
    15 Min Box
    5 Min Candlestick

All is set to RTH time frame with 30 days.

What I don't understand is why the daily boxes are showing highs and lows of day different from the 5 or 15 minute dataseries. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have the same setup on NT7 and it works great for me.

Thank you.

The session template has no effect on the Daily bar hours used as there is only one daily session available from the servers.

The Daily charts on NinjaTrader 8 will use ETH hours. This is different than NinjaTrader 7 which used RTH. Due to client demand the servers for NT8 have been populated with ETH hours and are now settlement adjusted for the close.

For your daily bars, you can instead use a 1440 minute time interval which will use the session template you specificy.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, worked great. I have saved the template however when I load it on my other computer I still have to load 3 dataseries and load most of the details about those dataseries, essentially recreating the template. What method can I use to be able to quickly load a new multi time frame chart without recreating it?

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
        Thanks, worked great. I have saved the template however when I load it on my other computer I still have to load 3 dataseries and load most of the details about those dataseries, essentially recreating the template. What method can I use to be able to quickly load a new multi time frame chart without recreating it?
        Copy the template over and use it?

Comment

Originally posted by brucelevy View Post
          As the other poster suggested, you would need to copy the template or workspace file to that computer to get the same configuration.

You can easily backup your settings and restore them to another computer using the built in backup/restore utility:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post CactusMan  
          Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes