Series<T>(Bars) potentially not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series<T>(Bars) potentially not working

According to the documentation I should be able to initialize a custom series with the "new Series<double>(Bars)" constructor, but it doesn't seem to work given the following situation.

I have an indicator where the primary series is 5 minute bars and the second series are daily bars. I am trying to create a custom series aligned with the second series with the following syntax:

private Series<double> px;
    px = new Series<double>(BarsArray[1]);

The px series should be aligned with the BarsArray[1] (daily bars) but it only ever has a length of 0;

see attached example:
    Attached Files

I've been using the "new Series<double>(BarsArray[n])" construct successfully in NT8 for a while now. Just tested it again before commenting: Works fine for me.

Comment

What's weird is that i'm pretty sure I've used it some where before as well. I just can't figure out what is wrong with the sample indicator I've attached. Spent an hour looking at it and can't figure it out.

Comment

Hello GrumpyTrader,

Thank you for writing in. For your purposes, please see this excerpt from the example on our forums:
        Code:
        /* Syncs another DataSeries object to the secondary bar object.
        We use an arbitrary indicator overloaded with an ISeries<double> input to achieve the sync.
        The indicator can be any indicator. The Series<double> will be synced to whatever the
        BarsArray[] is provided.*/
        secondarySeries = new Series<double>(SMA(BarsArray[1], 50));
        The actual example can be found here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3572

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I may be of further assistance.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Thanks Michael,
          Question though. The Series<T> constructor works for the second series when I declare it with an indicator like in your example "Series<double>(SMA(BarsArray[1],5))" , but it would be useful to be able to declare with just a Bars reference "Series<double>(BarsArray[1])" when I just want a blank series aligned to that bars object instead of the result of an indicator.

Comment

Hello GrumpyTrader,

I have submitted your inquiry as a feature request. We highly value customer feedback to improve NinjaTrader!
            Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
            1 response
            0 likes