TickReplay and multiple indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TickReplay and multiple indicators

Today i tried to chase down some bugs i got on occasion that i could not pinpoint down until now.
    ERROR: Failed to call 'Add' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. occasionally during connecting or applying a rollover
    as well as
    ERROR: Failed to call 'Add' method: Cannot access a disposed object. when closing a workspace.

As you can see the error messages are absolutely useless because non of the needed data is reported. (Window Name, Tab Name, Panel ID, Indicator Name, DataSeries, etc.)
    So it took me a very long time to get to a reproducible scenario.

When i do the following steps it leads to multiple of the above error messages and sometimes even an untrapped exception that crashes the whole application.

Steps:
    Create new workspace.
    Open ES 12-15 5Minute Chart. (DaysToLoad=10, TickReplay=Enabled)
    Add the following indicators with their default settings to the chart.
    ADL, ADX, APZ, Aroon, ATR, BarTimer.
    Save and close the workspace.
    Open workspace again and while the workspace is loading close the workspace.
    This should result in multiple of the above error messages and maybe an app crash.

If you can not reproduce try adding even more indicators. It might be that a better CPU can handle more indicators before generating the error messages since i assume there is some sort of race condition.

I second the motion for more detailed contextual information on error, log and trace messages: Workspace name, main and auxilliary data series, tab name/index, bar type and interval/period, bars back / days to load, BarsInProgress index, bar ending timestamp, indicator/strategy name, panel index, and stack traceback upto the first architectural method (e.g, OnBarUpdate(), OnMarketDepth(), etc.) if any of that is relevant to the error.

Comment

Tiixo,

I was able to reproduce this on my end (with crashing) and will be submitting this as a bug report. Thank you for reporting this!

strategesis,

I have provided this to our product management team as a feature request. We highly value customer feedback for improving our product!
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there an Issue ID for this?
        If i try this with Beta7 then it still crashed NT8 but some of the error messages are different.

Comment

Hello Tiixo,

This bug report is being tracked with an internal ID of NTEIGHT-9125.
          Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes