Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartObjects type checking

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble confirming (or getting) the type for IChartObjects on a chart. My objective is to use OnRender() to check for a type and if it is a horizontal line, then I want to write the value of that line. For example, if that line is drawn by using F6 at 1150 on a TF chart, then I want to write "1150.0" for reference on that chart, just over that horizontal line.

I'm sure I can do that using RenderObject but I can't get to the point where I can even call RenderObject.

Consider the code:
    Code:
    	foreach (Gui.NinjaScript.IChartObject c in myObjects)
    	{
                    if( c.Name ==  "Horizontal Line" ) 
    		{
                        NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine chl = c as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine;
    		}
    	}
    My problem is chl ends up being null so I can't use anything for the c chart object that the visual Studio debugger has no problem seeing.

And if I check like this, which I'd rather do than the above, I never get into the code where I can use the values for "c":

Code:
    	foreach (Gui.NinjaScript.IChartObject c in myObjects)
    	{
                    if( c is HorizontalLine ) 
    		{
                        NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine chl = (c as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine);
    		}
    	}
    I never get past "c is HorizontalLine" as though c isn't of type HorizontalLine. Well, yes it is of type HorizontalLine! I can clearly see that "c" is a HorizontalLine when I step through it in the debugger and I can see all its objects so there must be something I'm not doing correctly but I'm at a loss as to what.

Can you help?

Originally posted by traderpards View Post
    Can you help?
    Take a look at post #5 for an example of just what your looking for..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks Edge!

I'll probably use what you suggest but I'd still like to know why what I'm doing doesn't work though... Because I got what I'm doing from Ninjatrader's support documentation and it should work, it seems to me.

Would you happen to know why?

Comment

Apparently, this code does work but only if you just drew the line. The HorizontalLine object is null if the user drawn line already exists.

I don't believe that should be... the code:

Code:
        if( c is HorizontalLine )
        should return true if c is a HorizontalLine regardless of whether the user just drew it or if it already exists and the code:

Code:
        NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine chl = (c as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.HorizontalLine);
        should return a valid object if that's what the object in the DrawObjects array actually is.

Right??
        Last edited by traderpards; 11-16-2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by traderpards View Post
          Right??
          Right.. If you read that thread in it's entirety, you'll notice there is currently a problem with finding those objects that were previously drawn before a re-compile and reload of ninjascript.. Towards the end of the thread Dave mentions this has now been fixed and will no longer be an issue in the next beta...

-=Edge=-
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Ha!!! Thanks then Edge!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gm7_forum