Profit Reporting Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profit Reporting Bug

I've attached a performance report from this morning. Trading an FXCM 10K EURUSD contract in the sim, I entered and closed at the same price. The Trade Performance Report, the Market Analyzer Profit/Loss column, and the Accounts module show a loss of $1,000.

In Chart Trader, the Order Qty is showing as 10K, but next to ask and bid, the numbers are each 100K.

Please help me with this.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sgordet View Post
    I've attached a performance report from this morning. Trading an FXCM 10K EURUSD contract in the sim, I entered and closed at the same price. The Trade Performance Report, the Market Analyzer Profit/Loss column, and the Accounts module show a loss of $1,000.

In Chart Trader, the Order Qty is showing as 10K, but next to ask and bid, the numbers are each 100K.

Please help me with this.
    The commission is calculated at 1000 which appears to be the source of the problem

Did you setup a commissions template, or are you using one of our standard ones?

If you're not sure, please go to the Accounts tab-> right click on the Sim101 account and select "Edit", then tell us which "Commission" template is selected.

If you're using a NinjaTrader template, please let me know which one.

If using a custom, please go to Tools-> Commissions and detail what you have set up for your Per Instrument Type for Forex, or Commissions Per Instrument for the EURUSD if that was defined as well.

More info on commission templates can be found below:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Commission is set to NinjaTrader Brokerage.
      Forex Lot Size is set to 100000.
      On the accounts tab, the Gross Realized Profit is ($0.30) and the Realized Profit is ($1000.30).
      Even if the Lot size is 10x bigger than it should be, that would give me a loss of $100.30, which doesn't make sense since the opening and closing prices for the trade are shown as the same.

Comment

Thanks, this appears to be an issue with our commission templates. We are looking into and will get back to you.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you.

I reset the sim account and did some more testing.

I hadn't had Chart Trader and the template aligned at 100000 (the strategy was at 10000). I changed the strategy to 100000. It now reports fine until I close the position. I took a Euro trade and closed it at $37. This amount is showing in the Gross Realized column of Accounts. Unfortunately, Realized Profits is showing as ($9,963.00). Trade Performance also reflects the 9,963 loss.

Market Analyzer isn't showing anything for the trade, neither the traded profits nor the profit/loss values. Double checked and I do have it set for the right sim account.
          I'll wait to hear from you.

Thanks,
          Stephen

Comment

Please let me know where you stand on this. I'm not comfortable trading Forex live until I know that I can trust the real time profit/loss reporting.

Thank you,
            Stephen

Comment

Hi sgordet,

There was an issue with the default commission template values for Forex instruments. These have been fixed for B7.

In the meantime, feel free to fix yours by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Commissions menu, then changing the per-unit commission value for each Forex instrument from its current format of "0.0x" to "0.0000x".

Thanks for your report!
              <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh