B6 - Crash and Crash on ReStart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6 - Crash and Crash on ReStart

I came across an issue in NT8-B6 accidently declaring a dictionary with duplicate keys..

In doing so NT8 immediately crashed, with an Object Null reference, and if the indy was still on a chart of a workspace that opens upon restart, NT8 would continually crash on restart..

Just add this to any indy, compile and refresh chart..

This will CRASH NT8-B6!

Code:
     [COLOR=#080808]Dictionary[/COLOR]<[COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR], [COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR]> test[COLOR=#080808]D[/COLOR] = [COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]Dictionary[/COLOR]<[COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR], [COLOR=#0000ff]string[/COLOR]>
     {
          {[COLOR=#b22222]"test"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#800000]"test[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"[/COLOR]},
          {[COLOR=#b22222]"test"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#800000]"test[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000]"[/COLOR]},
     }
    I realize you can't use duplicate key's, and this would be expected to not work, and possibly throw an error.. (was done by accident) but I don't believe this should totally crash NT..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've confirmed the same behavior on my end, so I will send a report to our team to see if we can capture and handle this error/exception. (NTEIGHT-9128)
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 11-20-2015, 01:04 PM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

After looking into the issue further with the development team, addressing this particular exception would likely just be a drop in the bucket compared to all the exceptions that can be thrown from working with C# in NinjaScript. Since the issue does stem from a coding mistake, as you noted, we are going to leave this exception unhandled for now. Otherwise, we would either be left handling some coding-related exceptions and not others, or tasked with identifying every single exception that could occur, for the sake of consistency.

As always, we appreciate your help in digging up these issues.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes