Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Chart Left & Right

Not sure if this has been covered...

Had the Equidistant box checked initially...time works OK with it unchecked when expanding & contracting ....

In 7 when you moved the right side left it did not eat into the right side of the chart as you moved....and as you moved the left side right it reduced the left side...
    The way this is done in V8 seems counter intuitive and awkward....you have to lift your click to see what your chart is going to look like....then maybe fuss some more with it...
    the 7 method here seems better to me...

Thanks.....
    Last edited by Alfred; 11-22-2015, 09:24 AM. Reason: added stuff

Questions on Charts Video...

Hi...here is a video with several questions re charts...

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks much...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Currently the chart X and Y-axis will remain static and will not adjust until the left mouse button is released however I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

I was unable to reproduce the issue you displayed with the vertical grid lines not moving as the chart is moved left and right.

To forward your log and trace files please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box next to the following items:
      • Workspace files and UI settings
      • Template files
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Adjusting chart size....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello Alfred,

Currently the chart X and Y-axis will remain static and will not adjust until the left mouse button is released however I have submitted your suggestion to our development team and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.
        Is there a tracking number on this yet ??...my feeling is the way one could move the sides (to adjust chart size) of a chart in NT7 was much better....you know what the chart will look like before you lift your click in 7....

Thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
          Is there a tracking number on this yet ??...my feeling is the way one could move the sides (to adjust chart size) of a chart in NT7 was much better....you know what the chart will look like before you lift your click in 7....

Thanks....
          I concur.

The first part of your video - my NT7 replay is finished - and when I grab the chart and move it with the pointer - it behaves the same way in your video.

OK - this is ODD.. in NT7-Live - it depends on the CHART? My ^VIX 3 minute chart DOES move vertical lines with the time.

My NT7-Live ES 03-16 - 4 Range chart - the vertical lines stay in place and the time on the bottom axis is updated with the price range updating and scaling automatically.

Comment

Hello Sledge,

I have requested the Product Management team add your vote for the following feature :

This user would like charts in NT8 to update as the X or Y axis is grabbed and pulled

I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Alfred,

This feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

Added to SFT-936
              Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses