Dynamic SR Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic SR Lines

There is a bug in this code. It always plots in the pane with the original data. I am trying to apply this to an indicator (CCI) which is in pane 2. The Dynamic SR lines always plot in pane 1. I have tried plot in same pane, as well as specifying the pane. Additionally, if I move the CCI to pane 1 and original data(ES) to pane 2, the SR lines moves to pane 2 with the ES, irregardless of where I chose to plot them. This indicator was created by NinjaTrader_MichaelM 10-26-2015

John

Hello joromero,

Thank you for writing in. What you are describing is also the functionality the original author posted with the NinjaTrader 7 version of the indicator so I do not believe this is a bug.

For your purposes however, please feel free to navigate to New -> NinjaScript Editor and then double click the DynamicSRLines indicator under the Indicators section in the right panel. From there you will want to change line 79 from:
    Code:
    DrawOnPricePanel			= true;
    to:
    Code:
    DrawOnPricePanel			= false;
    Then press F5 on your keyboard to recompile the code and you will be able to load the DynamicSRLines indicator into another panel.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

In doing some more testing, There is the capability to change the pane to draw in, and this is correct. What is not correct, is when you apply it to an indicator instead of "original" data. To see what I am discussion. perform the following
      1 - In pane one, put 5 min ES data
      2 - In pane 2 add the CCI
      3 - add the Dynamic SR lines to the CCI instead of the original ES data and put it in pane 2.

It will put the Dynamic lines in pane 2. You will have to change the scale of the pane to go up to the values of the ES data.

So, it appears it is still using the original data and not the indicator as the input data to do it's calculations. Normally the CCI will scale from -200 up to +200 or so.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Me too. (Battling application to an indicator)

I changed the line number as directed but still can't get the zones to draw on panel 2 and reference while referencing an indicator, not the data series.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred