Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doron View Post
    problem still exit
    Thank you. I'm seeing that same behavior this morning, as well. I will report this to our team to investigate further. (NTEIGHT-9153)
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 11-30-2015, 10:13 AM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Doron,

Currently our architecture does not support dynamic toggling of global drawing objects with NT8 already drawn drawing objects. Since there are gotchas which need to be checked before you could just change it to global (Which is why it only partially works in your test).

What I'd like to do is try to understand the use case of what your trying to do since currently we are thinking the right approach is to no longer allow switching in runtime between global and non-global on existing drawing objects and require them to be redrawn since NT7 did not have this functionality and properly supporting will have caveats.

So I'd like to understand what your trying to do at high level so we could make further judgement plus analyze if there is a better 'supported' way to achieve what your looking to do.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi
        I am looking at the market of an instrument in several charts usually with different time frames or different tools.
        When I come to conclusion that a certain level is impotent I want to mark it in one chart and that this mark will be seen on all other charts of that instrument.
        Looks obvious to me that it is needed.
        Any how , I see no reason why not to allow it.

Comment

James,

I've got your Fib templates now, and I am able to replicate the issue just like in your video. Oddly enough, I can only replicate this issue with the template displayed in your video, but that at least points me in the right direction to determine what element of the template is causing the issue. I will post back with any further updates as I pin down and report the bug. (NTEIGHT-9183)
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 12-09-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I'm happy to report that we have implemented a fix this morning which resolves the issue on my end, in our most current internal build. Please hold on to the Fib template in your video, in order to re-test to make sure the issue is resolved on your end when the Beta 8 build is released.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              we are thinking the right approach is to no longer allow switching in runtime between global and non-global on existing drawing objects and require them to be redrawn since NT7 did not have this functionality and properly supporting will have caveats.
              Oh please no no no no no.. If your talking about modifying this property thru the drawobject editor window that would definitely be a big step backward!

Currently our architecture does not support dynamic toggling of global drawing objects with NT8 already drawn drawing objects. Since there are gotchas which need to be checked before you could just change it to global
              I'm curious now that you are completely removing and re-adding each drawobject to the chart collection on refresh (to fix a previous problem), if it would now be easier and possible to implement and allow this IsGlobal property to now be set by code?

This along with changing the drawobjects template were two things I was very much looking forward to being able to do via code in NT8, and from what I've read so far, neither seems to be possible..

-=Edge=-
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

isGlobal is no longer setable by Code and the problem is not a technical one but a expected limitation. Which is drawing objects that reside on indicator panels cannot be made to a global drawing object. Only drawing objects attached to an instrument could be made global. This along with other checks made the property not able to be implemented properly in all cases. As such we have removed the ability to set this property.

However you still can draw global drawing objects. Just use the right overload and specify isGlobal there. What we have removed is the 'realtime' toggling and it needed to be drawn again if you wanted to toggle it in realtime with an indicator/strategy.

Comment

isGlobal is no longer setable by Code and the problem is not a technical one but a expected limitation. Which is drawing objects that reside on indicator panels cannot be made to a global drawing object. Only drawing objects attached to an instrument could be made global. This along with other checks made the property not able to be implemented properly in all cases. As such we have removed the ability to set this property.
                  Thanks for the clarification Brett.. I was specifically referring to manually drawn objects only, but I guess if there are outside complications that I may not understand, than it will just be something we have to live with..

-=Edge=-
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
                  1 response