Suggestions and Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions and Issues

Now that I've cut over to NT8 for my trading, with more frequent use, here are a laundry list of suggestions/bugs.

Things I wish were persisted with the workspace but aren't:

a) column widths in the market analyzer
    b) ninja script editor tabs ( doesn't save tabs closed from prior session after NT8 shutdown or workspace save)

Frequent periodic issues (w/ workarounds)

a) chart settings lost ( I save a template for every chart so I can reload formatting when corrupted)
    b) TD Connection frequently fails with connection on startup set to true. (I manually connect after NT8 had loaded)
    c) occasionally I will get an endless loop of "object not set to an instance ..." messages on start up. (close NT8, don't save workspace, restart)
    d) will sometimes get a hung nt8 process and when I start nt8 it tells you to reinstall nt8 (kill hung nt8 process, reboot and chkdsk harddrive, restart nt8)
    e) I don't use the data downloader as it locks up the system. I instead set up a MarketAnalyzer with all the symbols I want with the data settings I want and open that to get data. Seem much faster.

Suggestions

a) update splits and dividends in batch - right now the only way to do this is by right clicking on a instrument list in the instrument lists dialog. Problem with this is that if the security i want isn't in a symbol list and just in the database I need to either create a instrument list with the security or open the specific instrument to update it. It would be nice to have a load all dividends and splits in the database section.

b) Make futures back adjusting a chart specific option. You can't plot a meaningful chart of a future contract that is not the front contract without disabling the back adjusting for the whole platform.

Hi GrumpyTrader,

I have another of your forum posts and am awaiting your trace files on that. I'll also take a look into your listed issues when I receive those.

I'll also go ahead and submit your suggestions to the development team for consideration.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

"occasionally I will get an endless loop of "object not set to an instance ..." messages on start up. (close NT8, don't save workspace, restart)"

I see this all the time also in B6.

Comment

Originally posted by strategesis View Post
        "occasionally I will get an endless loop of "object not set to an instance ..." messages on start up. (close NT8, don't save workspace, restart)"

I see this all the time also in B6.
        So do I, especially on Market Replay.

Comment

Hi strategesis, quicktrick,

If you can describe a scenario that will always cause this to happen, I'd be happy to take a look.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi AlexC,

Unfortunately not always, but periodically. It often happens when I manually make a rewind on Market Replay. It sometimes happens when I reload my indicators pressing F5 on a chart.

Comment

Alex,

The most common scenario is when NT8 is startup up. Or just after it has finished doing so.

Note that I've been using NT8 on Windows 10 running on a Parallels virtual machine on a Mac Pro (desktop.) Just last evening I switched to using Bootcamp (so no VM,) and many of the issues I was having went away. I'm going to run in Bootcamp for a few days to see whether that condition holds.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB