Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Market Analyzer does not display values for PriorDayOHLC Indicator

Hi,
    I'm using Kinetic End Of Day data and am having issues displaying Close prices in Market Analyzer. I've tried using the PriorDayOHLC Indicator like I did in NT7 and have tried all combinations of settings but none display any prices.

I attached Visual Studio 2015 in debug mode and have found that in the OnBarUpdate() method, the script keeps detecting Bars.BarsType.IsIntraday as false.

Other indicators seem to work fine.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this issue?

Cheers,
    Scott.

Hello proks,

Thank you for your note.

As far as the difference from NinjaTrader 7, I will look into that. However, it is correct in finding EOD data as not intra-day.
    Thank you for reporting this.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      Yes, but once the indicator checks that value and finds it to be false, it exits the OnBarUpdate() method (and it is the first line in that method). That line of code is identical to that in the same indicator for NT7 but in NT7 it doesn't exit.

I set the DataSeries Type to "Day" and the Setup to Calculate "On Each Tick".

It would be nice to get this fixed because without the ability to scan prior day closing prices (among other factors) this version is essentially useless for me -- I can't get excited about migrating any strategies if I can't get the basic functionality of the Market Analyzer using prior day prices.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
        This code in the OnBarUpdate() method works -- commented out the test for IsIntraday and added the same check that was in the NT7 indicator for a null Bars object (although the code worked without the addition with the instruments I tested ... however, I hadn't tested it against instruments with no bars):

if (Bars == null)
        return;

// if (!Bars.BarsType.IsIntraday)
        // {
        // Draw.TextFixed(this, "error msg", "PriorDayOHLC only works on intraday intervals", TextPosition.BottomRight);
        // return;
        // }

Obviously there is something that has changed with respect to Intraday -- or perhaps the order in which the data is being iterated has changed??

Hope this helps in your investigation.

Comment

Hello proks,

Thank you for your patience on this item.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Market Analyzer settings for the Indicator Column?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920