NinjaScript Editor - New Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Editor - New Folder

How are folders suppose to work in the NSE (ninjasript editor)? When I try to create a new folder say within the strategy folder I get an error saying that folder already exists. I also noticed that it doesn't actually create a physical folder on the drive.

I assumed it would work like visual studio where: a) a physical folder would be created with in the parent folder, b) the new folder name would correspond to the namespace (ie if a folder was created with in the strategy folder the .cs file would have the namespace of NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies.NewFolderName).

I also found that if I create a file with the following syntax NewFolderName.StrategyName.cs it will create a folder in the NSE with NewFolderName and have a strategy with StrategyName inside it.

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
    How are folders suppose to work in the NSE (ninjasript editor)? When I try to create a new folder say within the strategy folder I get an error saying that folder already exists. I also noticed that it doesn't actually create a physical folder on the drive.

I assumed it would work like visual studio where: a) a physical folder would be created with in the parent folder, b) the new folder name would correspond to the namespace (ie if a folder was created with in the strategy folder the .cs file would have the namespace of NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies.NewFolderName).

I also found that if I create a file with the following syntax NewFolderName.StrategyName.cs it will create a folder in the NSE with NewFolderName and have a strategy with StrategyName inside it.
    ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...59&postcount=3

You may want to read the entire thread for context.

Comment

I read through the link and I still am seeing some inconsistency. Under the AddOns folder, I have a file that the root namespace is GT ( not NinjaTrader.Custom.AddOns.GT). It shows up as a file, but behaves like a folder where if I click on it it will show the sub files with the namespace of GT.Data.

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyTrader View Post
        I read through the link and I still am seeing some inconsistency. Under the AddOns folder, I have a file that the root namespace is GT ( not NinjaTrader.Custom.AddOns.GT). It shows up as a file, but behaves like a folder where if I click on it it will show the sub files with the namespace of GT.Data.
        Well, IMHO, this whole: "folder map does not match namespace map", is a putrid mess. I am sure that NT thinks that they have a valid reason for it. Whatever that reason, I am not sure that it holds much water; at least not to me and the few developers to whom I have spoken about it.

Whereas there is the saving grace, that in NT8, we have much better access to the internal workings of NT, regardless, that is the design: we just have to navigate around it. Set up your folders first, then set up your namespaces to follow the same map. That is the only way that I have been able to make sense of the setup.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite