X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Indicatorcode and Bartypes

Hi. Currently im very frustrated bc i have multiple issues with NT7

im running 70100030

Aparently ninjatrader (and thats a bit hard to describe) pulls out code that already has been deleted or doesnt exist out of nowhere and uses it.

for example.
    i had a couple of custom bartypes added to nt. today i was working on another one and since i wasnt really using 1 of the other custom ones and u only have that many bartype slots to chose from, i decided to delete the obsolete one, and asign its slot to the one i was currently working on.

however, after restarting ninjatrader to apply the changes, i couldnt see any changes. my new bartype wasnt there and the old one still was. since i stumbled across a similar issue earlier today, i then deleted all the custom files/bartypes from the types folder, but after the restart i was still able to load all the custom types. unfortunatle not my new one (which was ofc also deleted at that point, so really no surprise here)

how is that even possible. there shouldnt be any code left to tell ninjatrader how to do that stuff that its currently doin.

the really frustrating thing about it is, that the changes arent applied either. like i said i stumbled across an similar problem earlier today where it wouldnt let me change a simple plot line like

Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.White, 0.382, "0.382"));

to a diffrent color.
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.Blue, 0.382, "0.382"));

i could do whatever i want with this line - i even deleted it completely- it wouldnt change a thing. i compiled, i restarted, i applied the indicator to the chart over and over again. it just stayed the same. it still plotted that white line like it was supposed to following the original code.

the only way to at least fix that problem, was to rename the indicator. then finally it instantly applied and showed all the changes (blue color) to the plot once i added the new named indicator to the chart.

however. ofc now i changed the line in the code to
    Add(new Line(System.Drawing.Color.Orange, 0.382, "0.382"));

tryin if it would be fixed now, and what do you know, it stayed blue. even more funny, just by changing the name (and only the name!)of the indicator back to the original name - the line then became white again. only by changing the name AGAIN to a now completly new name, i was able to get the line orange

how strange is that please? where is ninjatrader gettin this code from to do that. thats super weird. im kinda feeling im goin crazy a bit - maybe i am i dont know.

pls help

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

NinjaTrader compiles all the .cs files in your bin/custom folder into the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll. For any reason if the compile can not write to this file, it would cause what you are experiencing as there would be no change to the file.

I wanted to check, do you have any backup or antivirus software running on the Documents folder or your NinjaTrader 7 folder in the documents that may prevent changes from occurring correctly?

If not, could you please try the following to remove the existing custom assembly, this will remove all compiled NinjaScript and leave just the source code, upon starting the platform should try to compile. If you have errors after doing this it would provide more details on the solution.
    • Exit the platform
    • Open the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom
    • Remove the file: NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
    • Start the platform

After starting, please go do a compile and restart again. Check if the bar type is loaded or if you get errors, additionally try and complete a change to see if the change is compiled.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok that seemed to work. not sure if the problem is fixed now (or if the writing error still exists) bc i had to delete the file again after adding the bartypes back into the folder, but at least i know a workaround now.
      thanks

EDIT: i tried the indicator with the plot and it seems to still exist, so i guess i have some problem correctly writing this file. as u said. deleting helps and does the job, but still. any idea how this might come or i can fix it, i dont have an antivirus, so cant be that
      Last edited by BigRo; 12-02-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Tim-c
      by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes