NT 8.0.0.7 - My Zombie installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koganam View Post
    My work machine is not on any track. I removed it from the Windows Insider program. Ver 1511 is the current official release build, not an insider build.

ref: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...ailable-today/
    http://www.windowscentral.com/window...ow-build-10586
    I hit the windows update and nothing else is available...

Got anymore tips?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      I hit the windows update and nothing else is available...

Got anymore tips?
      It sounds like you must have "Defer Updates" enabled?

Otherwise just download the ISO, and use it to update. That is what I did anyway.

Comment

It does not need to be. Create a local admin account and remove the Hotmail account if you want to.
        Yes, and I've removed/disabled all of the bloatware I could.

remove hotmail,etc:

Windows 10 is the most cloud-oriented version of Windows to date—yet, while this means you get some nifty new features, it also means some of your personal data is being shared with Microsoft's servers. Don't Miss: 45+ Tips & Tricks You Need to Know for Windows 10

Comment

It sounds like you must have "Defer Updates" enabled?

Otherwise just download the ISO, and use it to update. That is what I did anyway.
          Yes, defer updates is applied.

Comment

Yes, defer updates is applied.
            As we used to say in math class way back when: QED.

Comment

Hi koganam,

It seems I don't have the issues you reported. Look at the pictures. And I can kill Ninja process from Task Manager easily.

Though, there is another issue. NT8 b7 crashed three times in a row when connecting to Continuum. The fourth attempt was successful. The previous betas behaved the same way sometimes.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by quicktrick; 12-03-2015, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Hello koganam,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20151201.XXXXX.txt'.
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                  Hello koganam,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20151201.XXXXX.txt'.
                  There are no such files. NT shows absolutely no sign of ever starting. Even keeping the Task Manager open and watching, NT never shows up at all at any time; not even briefly on start up of NT. The only indication about NinjaTrader happens if, after trying to start it, I then try to modify or uninstall the installation because nothing happened when I tried to start NinjaTrader,

Comment

There are no such files. NT shows absolutely no sign of ever starting. Even keeping the Task Manager open and watching, NT never shows up at all at any time; not even briefly on start up of NT. The only indication about NinjaTrader happens if, after trying to start it, I then try to modify or uninstall the installation because nothing happened when I tried to start NinjaTrader,
                    Koganam :

Sounds familiar to .net 4.5 and nt7. Not sure if that's the difference here? I can look at my path variable tonight and post it for comparison if that will help.

Comment

Koganam :

Sounds familiar to .net 4.5 and nt7. Not sure if that's the difference here? I can look at my path variable tonight and post it for comparison if that will help.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...run+win7+64bit
                      Except that I am running NT8 and I do not have any .NET directory in the path.

Comment

I am glad to report I have no such problem.

What I can report is that the problem I was having with B6 appears to have disappeared: Crashing during start up, or while connecting for the first time after a start up. I never saw anything interesting in the log or trace files--which is why I didn't report it. I had nothing to offer other than the fact of the crashing behavior.

I initially installed B3, and upgraded each time all the way to B7. However, I also did clean installs, including for B6.

I always keep the installers for previous versions.

Comment

Turn off the dang AntiVirus!

1. Upgrade to B7 over B6.
                          2. Start NT8.
                          3. Nothing happens, and nothing showing in the Task Manager. - See pictures 1 & 2.
                          4. Attempt to repair the installation.
                          5. Despite nothing showing in the Task Manager, NT8 installation now reports multiple instances of NT running, so it cannot run the installation. - See picture 3.

If this were any other program, I would accuse you of installing a root kit. A program hidden well enough not to show in the Task Manager, that cannot be uninstalled or modified, is usually called a rootkit.

Now, being a certified geek, I go to kill NT from the command-line. But noooooo! We can list the task, but when we try to kill it, we are told that the task is not even there! - See picture 4.

Of course, if I reboot, the zombie instances disappear. Yes, I must reboot. Merely logging off does nothing for the situation.
                          For all punters, before we go talking about rootkits and such, turn off the dang AntiVirus and run a test. This nonsense is part of the reason why my trading machine is a VM with no anti-Malware. It is just that graphical performance was so slow, that I decided to put NT8 onto a physical machine that already had Avast installed. It was not a problem before this iteration of the NT8 beta.

Anyhow, it is uninstalled. I will not be trading from this puter anyway, so as I cannot air-gap it, I will just use it exclusively for testing NT8. When I have more time, I will see how I need to configure Avast to behave. Most likely, I just have to exclude the NT directories from Avast oversight. But I do not have the time now, so the shotgun approach it is. Off with Avast's head, and let me get some work done! Sheesh.

Please close this case. It was resolved by removing an overly aggressive anti-malware program.

Comment

Originally posted by strategesis View Post
                            I am glad to report I have no such problem.

What I can report is that the problem I was having with B6 appears to have disappeared: Crashing during start up, or while connecting for the first time after a start up. I never saw anything interesting in the log or trace files--which is why I didn't report it. I had nothing to offer other than the fact of the crashing behavior.

I initially installed B3, and upgraded each time all the way to B7. However, I also did clean installs, including for B6.

I always keep the installers for previous versions.
                            Can you share prior any installer B5 or B6 somewhere ?
                            Devdas
                            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Devdas

Comment

For all punters, before we go talking about rootkits and such, turn off the dang AntiVirus and run a test. This nonsense is part of the reason why my trading machine is a VM with no anti-Malware. It is just that graphical performance was so slow, that I decided to put NT8 onto a physical machine that already had Avast installed. It was not a problem before this iteration of the NT8 beta.

Anyhow, it is uninstalled. I will not be trading from this puter anyway, so as I cannot air-gap it, I will just use it exclusively for testing NT8. When I have more time, I will see how I need to configure Avast to behave. Most likely, I just have to exclude the NT directories from Avast oversight. But I do not have the time now, so the shotgun approach it is. Off with Avast's head, and let me get some work done! Sheesh.

Please close this case. It was resolved by removing an overly aggressive anti-malware program.

lol, same here, excluded NT dir from avast and got running B7.

Devdas
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Devdas

Comment

I use Panda free antivirus. Once I tried Avast and used it for a couple of months but then returned to Panda. I believe it's better than Avast.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Max238
                                by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes