Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok to rollback to beta 6

Before doing so i want to check i can safely rollback to beta 6

I wished i had waited and not updated - there is scaling issues (major to my sense)

I appreciate this is not a forum to express frustration after all this is beta

Question - is it necessary to recreate templates in moving from beta 6 to beta 7

it would help us beta testers if there was better guidelines on environmentally what needs to be changed. I only noted 1 code breaking change which did not seem to relate to anything i have in my environment

So what i am seeing now in the ES for a tick chart is the chart has wide gaps between evolving bars and there is no way along the time zone area on the bottom to rescale this is does not move - even on reloading.

thanks

Please assume that all templates, workspaces, and personal data would persist with beta update just like production releases unless otherwise noted in the release notes.

We appreciate if you did not rollback to Beta 6 and instead stayed on Beta 7. Since that's the point of beta to get feedback so we can keep moving forward to get to a production release. I would only provide a link to an older beta in extenuating circumstance and if we did have a major regression that impedes forward progress.

However before we talk about rollback, what exactly is going on? Its not clear from your report what the bug is.

Just as a check on my side I:

* Connected to Kinetick
    * Pulled up an ES 12-15 150 tick chart.
    * Zoom and min/maximize the chart canvas.

Everything scrolled fine for me, so I'm confused what issue are you running into? Here is video of my tests.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

If you have time could you please detail any additional steps you are taking that I might have wrong in the video.

Thank You.

Comment

Understood on the rollback - i have other reasons which i wont get into here and may email directly separately.

More specifically i mentioned in other thread and meant to detail in here -

try opening up a new chart with ES with 1m Data as the first series and then add a second series with 500 tick and see what you get. You will see what i mean and the gaps keep expanding as data comes in. If you need more detail on this let me know.

On loading beta 7 today (and yes i assumed as with NT7 updates all templates and workspaces would persits) but i had around 8 tabs of charts in my workspace and aside from the issue above with multi series charts - several of the indicators disappeared off the other charts.

I will look into this as have had to rebuild some and will see what information on this i can relay back to you

thanks

Comment

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my end as well. I have sent this to our development team and will follow up after we gather additional information.

Thank you for reporting.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        3 responses