Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share chart issue

Hi guys,

I reported a multi desktop bug a little while ago that reproduces charts across virtual desktops in Win 10 and Dexpot. This issue was fixed in the move from beta 5 to beta 6 but it has popped up again briefly while I was testing chart posting to twitter. After pushing the share button and the twitter dialog box is open the chart portion of the window is duplicated across all of my desktops in the same manner as the original multi desktop bug.

Hard to take a screen shot obviously. As it behaves the same way as the original bug I suspect it is a similar code snippet that may have been missed in fixing the original bug which hopefully makes it an easy fix for you guys.

I haven't had it happen with any other windows yet but I will keep an eye out for it.

Let me know if I can provide more info.

edit: I have just realized it happens when most "properties" windows are open. I can get the fault to happen if I open the properties menu on a DOM. If I leave the the properties window open and change desktop, any chart window I have open is mirrored across all desktops I view (in Win 10). The duplicate windows are sometimes left on other desktops and sometimes they fix themselves.

I know the original bug occurred when I had dexpot installed as well but I have switched to Windows 10 virtual desktops and can't test dexpot currently.

Edit2: All this is on Beta 6. Just noticed beta 7 is available. Installing to see if anything changes.

Edit 3: Yep still occurs in Beta 7.

Apologies for all the edits. Just trying to get as much info as possible to help fix it.
    Last edited by Treggs; 12-03-2015, 05:37 PM.

Thank you for reporting this. That is a good find, and I'm seeing the same thing on my end, as well. We have resolved the main issue with chart canvases bleeding through all the time, but it looks like we're up against a wall in this particular case. We are continuing to keep our eye on this issue to see if Microsoft releases a change to their virtual desktops architecture which would allow us to prevent this from ever occurring, but for now the fix applied in Beta 7 is as far as we can go on our end to prevent the bleedthrough.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes