Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trend channels/lines moving on their own?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend channels/lines moving on their own?!?

I really hope this is already being addressed, I can't believe it has made it through 7 rounds of the beta but I can't find any mention of it here.

Trend channels move and lose parallel (spread open) as bars complete, lines walk away from their anchor points. It is driving me crazy.

If this hasn't been reported I'll have to make a video, but the attached image shows what a normal trend channel turned into.
    Attached Files

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We are working on this particular issue as we speak. Trend Channels have been tweaked and updated several times thus far, but there are still a few bolts to tighten. I expect this to be resolved before the Beta 8 build barring any unforeseen delays.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Katana, on second thought, it may be useful if you could make the video you mentioned, and possibly send over your workspace, because it appears that your issue is slightly different than the one we are working on, which involves trend channel lines criss-crossing each other.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Katana,

I've attempted to reproduce the behavior you have experienced but I am unable to do so.

I've made a quick video to show how I am trying to reproduce.
        http://screencast.com/t/2dLsEg1RR

Please let me know if I have not taken the right steps to reproduce.

As NinjaTrader_Dave mentioned, a video would be very helpful. Below I am providing a 3rd party link to Jing which is free software you can use to record a short video.
        https://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for the delay, here is a video from this morning which illustrates the problem I am having. If it is an issue with other drawing objects then perhaps the up arrows I had on there are responsible?

Comment

Hello katana,

Thank you for sending in the video.

The video was helpful as there were some special steps needed to reproduce the behavior.

The line must be drawn after the last bar on the chart and the bar type of the chart must be a tick based bar type. (I am not able to reproduce on time based charts)

I am also finding that this affects all drawing objects and is not limited to the trend channel.

Thank you for noticing this behavior and reporting it. I have created a bug report and submitted this to development on your behalf. Once I have a tracking ID for this, I will forward the ID.

Comment

Hello katana,

I wanted to return a tracking ID for this item where drawing object anchors are drifting when placed to the right of the last bar on tick based charts. This is being tracked with ID #NTEIGHT-9226.

Thank you for finding this issue and reporting. Please let me know if you find any other items with the NT8 Beta.

Comment

Hello katana,

Development has let me know NTEIGHT-9226 has been marked as fixed with NinjaTrader 8 Beta 8.

Please update to the latest version of the platform and re-test for this behavior.

http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

Sorry, I gave up on the beta for awhile. I just installed 8.0.0.9 and the issue remains.

Comment

Hi katana,

I've retested and was able to confirm.
                    I've re-opened NTEIGHT-9226.

Thank you for testing and reporting that behavior has not been corrected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bmartz
                    by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                    4 responses