Trading Hours issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours issue.

B7. I am having a problem with trading hours. I can't get the same hours I used in N7 to work in NT8 B7.

I use 24 hours trading hours starting at MST 7:30 AM and concluding the following day at 7:30 AM. Settings are:
    Start day & Time End Day & Time EOD

Sunday 7:30 AM Monday 7:30 AM X
    Monday 7:30 AM Tuesday 7:30 AM X
    Tuesday 7:30 AM Wednesday 7:30 AM X
    Wednesday 7:30 AM Thursday 7:30 AM X
    Thursday 7:30 AM Friday 7:30 AM X
    Friday 7:30 AM Saturday 7:30 AM X
    Saturday 7:30 AM Sunday 7:30 AM X

I have saved the above as Higler 24 X 7.
    These are the same criteria I used in N7.
    If I apply those Trading Hours (Higler 24 X 7) setting to a chart using Data Series:Trading Hours then the chart goes blank. If I uncheck the EOD then the chart appears but indicators (such as PriorDayOHLC) that are supposed to change at the beginning of a new trading day for me (7:30 AM) are continuous lines - they don't step up or down at each EOD change.
    Last edited by higler; 12-10-2015, 12:42 PM.

Any response to my concern? Thank you. NT8 seems to be a great upgrade.

Comment

Hello,

Please disregard my previous post. To clarify, no two sessions in the same day can be marked as EOD, so that should not be coming into play in your case.

As I tested this setup on my end, I'm actually seeing the PriorDayOHLC indicator plotting as expected, breaking at 7:30am each day and changing values until 7:30am the next day. Can you please attach a copy of your Trading Hours template (found in the Documents/NinjaTrader 8/templates folder), so I can test your template on my end?
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Dave - I tried attaching my Trading Hours Test.xml file but I get an "Invalid File" message when I try uploading it. It looks like ".xml" files are not a valid file type for uploading an attachment. Do you have another way for me to get the file to you?

Sorry for my slow response but I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure this out since you say it works for you. Maybe my system is wacko?

Comment

I think i encountered the same bug.
          I changed my 24x7 TradingHours to match EU Times(Replaced 00:00 with 18:00) and the chart is blank.

I did the same thing with the 24x5 template and it works there.
          If i remove any line of the 24x7 template making it effectively 24x6 it also works. Just defining the full week with anything other than 00:00 gives the blank chart.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tiixo - That looks like the same thing that's happening to me.

Comment

Since XML files cannot be uploaded, feel free to either upload them to a file sharing service like WeTransfer.com and post a link here (fastest option), or to send an email to Platform Support, with 'Attn: Dave' in the subject line. I can then test both templates on my end, and hopefully find the common factor that is causing the issue.

Edit: I see you've already mailed them in. Thank you -- we will take a look and post back here soon.
              Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for sending in the template, I was able to reproduce this on my end as well and have submitted the steps to development for further review.

It seems this is only the case when a full 7 days have been entered and the time is After 12:00am or different than how the default 24/7 is defined. Once I have further information on this item I will post back.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses