NT8 Install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Install problem

Installing NT8 on a new dev box....doing the same thing I have a dozen times since Beta started. Got this extremely unusual message (at least for an NT install)...

Seems NT suddenly doesn't like to install from another drive.
    Doing a basic install to C; drive....(usual spot)....reading the .msi file from E: where all the downloaded data and other stuff lives. Doing the same thing every time, but this time it doesn't want to work.
    ---------------------
    Yes...this is a fresh b7 downloaded today at 3pm CST.
    No...there are no firewalls or anti-virus running on that PC..
    Attached Files

Hi andrew56,

I seem to be unable to duplicate what you describe when running the .msi installer for NT8 from my personal network drive (U and telling the installer to install to C:. We would need a reproducible situation on multiple PCs in order to consider this a bug that exists with NT8 rather than an issue of some sort with your PC setup.

Is it possible you acquired a corrupted .msi? Have you attempted to re-download and try to install again? Is your E: a second physical hard drive or is it a network drive?

What OS in particular are you running on the PC this is occurring on?
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Nope...the .msi should not be corrupted....I downloaded a fresh copy to make sure.

NT8 occasionally does some weird stuff ....(tries to take over other windows...install balks....etc. )....but never seems to do them constantly.

I did brute force the install....(if software runs under Windows I can almost always get it to install one way or the other).

Don't spend a lot of time on this....I did finally get it to re-install.
      ....(running on Windows 7 Pro)......
      Last edited by andrew56; 12-12-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH