X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B7 - Value doesn't fall within the expected range

I am using Ichimoku indicator.

Few things:
    1 - I see that region on the left (26 bars) is not drawn. If scrolling chart to the left - it always shows 26 bars on the left without clouds.
    2 - randomly getting error in the log tab:
    A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart. Value does not fall within expected range. HR code -2147024809.
    Randomly getting popup message and message in log: Value doesn't fall within the expected range. I don't know how to reproduce the second issue (is it because chart or strategy analyzer).
    I never got that kind of error in B6.

Thanks

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Can you please provide the Ichimoku indicator that you are using with NinjaTrader 8 so I can test on my end?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure,

Here is related thread with the issue:

Here is Ichimoku indicator (in indicators section)

Thanks

Comment

Hello music_p13,

I have tested this on my end and am able to reproduce it.

However, it looks like this is how the script was designed.

When utilizing the sample Draw.Region() from the NinjaTrader 8 help guide, the drawn region spans the entire chart without stopping in the area that is not drawn by the indicator.

Code:
        Draw.Region(this, "tag1", CurrentBar, 0, Bollinger(2, 14).Upper, Bollinger(2, 14).Lower, null, Brushes.Blue, 50);
        I am unable to reproduce the error specified in number 2 of your original post, however. If you are able to produce a reproducible scenario that brings up this error, please let me know.

Comment

Hello,

I was able to reproduce it today on NT8 Beta 8. It happens only when I am using External Monitor for my laptop and I use it as "Second Screen Only". More specifically, after back-testing strategy few times on tick data that had Ichimoku indicator - when pointing with mouse cursor on strategy analyzer window somewhere in the middle - that error pops up.

See screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/onOydioWGJ

It happens only with external monitor (external only). When not using external monitors - that error doesn't occur.

See if you can reproduce it...

Thanks

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Does this also occur if you have backtested using the Sample MA crossover strategy?

Can you please provide that script you have used for backtesting so I may test on my end?

To export the script, please follow the instructions below:
            • Click on Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript
            • Click on add in the Export NinjaScript window
            • Select all of the files you want to export and click on OK
            • A list of all files that will be exported will be shown
            • Click the Export button to export the selected files
            • A NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) file will be created in My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. You can press ".." and change the export directory if you wish

More information about exporting NinjaScript can be found in the help guide at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...us/?export.htm

Comment

I was able to reproduce it on MA crossover. And then to work around this error.

Issue happens when I was debugging with Visual Studio while using same solution file.

Steps:

Open some Tick chart (maybe this step is unnecessary) on EURUSD
              Open Strategy Analyzer, run backtest on let's say 150 tick chart
              Verify all is fine
              Try switching between regular chart and strategy analyzer chart
              then change tick chart in strategy analyzer to 600 tick
              Run backtest again
              Just point with mouse pointer to chart until it shows and then back strategy analyzer.

Result - getting same error.

Note - all this happens when using external monitor hooked up to my laptop and using it as "Projector Only" mode through HDMI. It ONLY happens on external monitor (using single external as projector only).

Now - when I used different solution files (one for NinjaTrader and another one for Visual Studio) - I am not getting that error anymore with same external monitor setup...

I guess will use from now on separate solution files...

Thanks
              Last edited by music_p13; 02-01-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for the additional information. However, I am still unable to replicate this behavior on my end.

Can you please provide a video demonstrating each step from start to finish so I may follow along and attempt to replicate?

If you do not have any video recording software, you can use something like Jing to record your desktop: https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Comment

Hello Zachary,

Here is a link of step by step reproducing this error where you can watch the video:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Note - I compiled it using release in NT, made sure VS is not started and restarted NT before reproducing it again (although initially when I reproduced it I had VS up and compile mode was set to debug).
                  I am using HDMI port as "Projector Only" mode from my 15 inch laptop. The external monitor is Samsung 27 inches.

Error from log file:
                  2016-02-06 12:57:54:058|0|4|Unhandled exception: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Or sometimes:
                  2016-02-06 12:54:10:144|3|1048576|A direct X error has occured while rendering the chart: Value does not fall within the expected range. HR Code -2147024809
                  2016-02-06 12:55:07:087|0|4|Unhandled exception: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Please let me know what else you need or if you need a private session to see it / debug on my PC...

Now I don't think it has anything to so with .sln file stored by Visual Studio.

My external monitor resolution is 1920:1080
                  My laptop screen resolution (which is not used) - is same.

Now - I tried using my laptop screen as extension monitor (so that my external monitor is primary and my laptop monitor is secondary) - and when moving strategy Analyzer window to my laptop monitor - I see my chart clipped in Strategy Analyzer (see screenshot attached). Even when using Snag-it - I cannot capture one/third of my laptop screen (right side and bottom of laptop monitor)... that is weird behavior...

And finally - to workaround this bug - I re-sized my strategy analyzer window on my laptop (started using laptop screen as extension) - so that Strategy Analyzer occupied 2/3 of my laptop screen in the upper left corner (same area where Snagit works without issues) - and that way I am not having that popup error anymore when pointing with mouse cursor to Strategy Analyser window...

Thanks
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by music_p13; 02-06-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Can you please email your latest log and trace files for the date that this occurs to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with a link to this thread and my name referenced in the body of the email?

Replace yyyy with the year, mm with month, and dd with day. There may be multiple log/trace files for each day. Replace the x's with 00000, 00001, 00002, etc if there are multiple files for that day. Please attach all files for the corresponding day.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.yyyymmdd.xxxxx.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.yyyymmdd.xxxxx.txt"

Comment

I have emailed log and trace files...

Thanks

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your log and trace files.

Does this only occur on one specific workspace, or does it occur on all workspaces that you have saved?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
                        • Shut down NinjaTrader
                        • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
                        • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
                        • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
                        • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please test if you are able to reproduce the issue.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by exiting NinjaTrader and moving the files from your Desktop back into the 'workspaces' folder.

Comment

Hello Zachary,

I followed the steps and was able to reproduce the issue with "Sample MA Crossover" strategy on 150 tick series EURUSD.
                          I sent you email with logs/trace files.

Thanks

Comment

Again to confirm, after installing NT8 Beta 9 - I don't see this issue anymore.

Works fine with default and custom indicators/strategies with same monitor setup...

Thanks a lot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                            47 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aligator  
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes