Chart interval does not appear in task bar popup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart interval does not appear in task bar popup

Why in NT8 does not the timeframe interval appear beside the chart symbol when I mouseover the Ninjatrader 8 icon in the Windows taskbar, as it did in NT7? That would seem a bug as it makes it very hard to know how to bring a specific chart to the forefront. It does not work to go to the chart and customize the label. May I suggest that at least the interval should appear without intervention, and if the user has custom labeled the chart then the custom label should appear when mousing over NT8 in the taskbar. Maybe I'm missing something? Is there a preference to set for what appears on mouseover?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ProfitPilgrim View Post
    Why in NT8 does not the timeframe interval appear beside the chart symbol when I mouseover the Ninjatrader 8 icon in the Windows taskbar, as it did in NT7? That would seem a bug as it makes it very hard to know how to bring a specific chart to the forefront. It does not work to go to the chart and customize the label. May I suggest that at least the interval should appear without intervention, and if the user has custom labeled the chart then the custom label should appear when mousing over NT8 in the taskbar. Maybe I'm missing something? Is there a preference to set for what appears on mouseover?

Thanks!
    This is actually dictated by the "Tab name".

If you want the taskbar preview to include the timeframe interval next to the chart symbol, you can right click on your chart-> select "Properties"-> and from the "Tab name" erase the "@INSTRUMENT_FULL" text which is default.

You can then replace that with " @DATASERIES" from the drop down menu and that would format the tab name as:

ES 03-16 1 Minute.

This will then change what is previewed in the task bar.

More info on tab name variables can be found here:

You can also save the Chart properties "preset" with this setting and all of your charts will use the @DATASERIES variable, rather than the @INSTRUMENT_FULL variable.

Info on default settings can be found here:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 12-11-2015, 02:14 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    1 response
    0 likes