WorkSpace - Open/Switch thru Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WorkSpace - Open/Switch thru Code

I believe this topic kind of got buried in an unrelated thread, and just thought I'd bring it out to the forefront to see what type of demand there might be outside of myself..

I posted some time ago now that there is currently problems with being able to open and/or switch to workspaces thru code.. Like any of the old workspace changers for NT7..

The response I received is that this is currently not possible in NT8, and with that being the case, was added to the Suggestion and Feedback Tracking with item number #SFT-663..

Just thought I'd start a thread specifically for this issue, to help track demand and feedback.. Please vote and/or provide any feedback below if this is a feature you would like to see implemented in NT8..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
    I believe this topic kind of got buried in an unrelated thread, and just thought I'd bring it out to the forefront to see what type of demand there might be outside of myself..

I posted some time ago now that there is currently problems with being able to open and/or switch to workspaces thru code.. Like any of the old workspace changers for NT7..

The response I received is that this is currently not possible in NT8, and with that being the case, was added to the Suggestion and Feedback Tracking with item number #SFT-663..

Just thought I'd start a thread specifically for this issue, to help track demand and feedback.. Please vote and/or provide any feedback below if this is a feature you would like to see implemented in NT8..

Though unsupported in NT7, we could do this. I have really not tried, but I should think that we can do the same in NT8.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      Though unsupported in NT7, we could do this. I have really not tried, but I should think that we can do the same in NT8.
      You would think so, but this is not currently the case..

In NT7 it was as simple as 2 lines of code (ws being the workspace string)

Code:
      [COLOR=#006400]NinjaTrader.Gui.WorkspaceOptions.OpenWorkspace(ws,true);
      NinjaTrader.Gui.WorkspaceOptions.SwitchWorkspace(ws,true);[/COLOR]
      In NT8 this has moved to NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.WorkspaceOptions... and I guess I should note, that you can thru (multiple lines of code) successfully change between any already open workspaces..

The problem exists in trying to open and switch to a workspace that is currently closed, and/or to close a workspace that is already open.. You currently either end up with all kinds of duplicates and/or your ControlCenter Workspaces menu items not updating correctly..

It's been several months now, but I've already provided sample code to NT with regards to demonstrating the current problems, and at the time it was just not a priority..

It's probably still not very high on their priority list, which is why I started this tread to help gather some votes and determine demand..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
        You would think so, but this is not currently the case..

In NT7 it was as simple as 2 lines of code (ws being the workspace string)

Code:
        [COLOR=#006400]NinjaTrader.Gui.WorkspaceOptions.OpenWorkspace(ws,true);
        NinjaTrader.Gui.WorkspaceOptions.SwitchWorkspace(ws,true);[/COLOR]
        In NT8 this has moved to NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.WorkspaceOptions... and I guess I should note, that you can thru (multiple lines of code) successfully change between any already open workspaces..

The problem exists in trying to open and switch to a workspace that is currently closed, and/or to close a workspace that is already open.. You currently either end up with all kinds of duplicates and/or your ControlCenter Workspaces menu items not updating correctly..

It's been several months now, but I've already provided sample code to NT with regards to demonstrating the current problems, and at the time it was just not a priority..

It's probably still not very high on their priority list, which is why I started this tread to help gather some votes and determine demand..

Hm. Now that you write that, I seem to remember your NT8 thread on the matter. I hope that they fix it. I just have not got there yet in my own conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          I hope that they fix it.
          Me too!... but I'm pretty sure it's going to take more votes than just you and I ...

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts/discussion, 2 votes have been added to SFT 663.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Javierw.ok  
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes