Strategy Template lost on Beta 7 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Template lost on Beta 7 install

I just installed Beta 7 and lost my strategy templates. The folder for the strategy still exists, but the templates it contained are gone.

This might be related to the fact that the strategy would not compile under beta 7 until I made some updates.
    Last edited by daqu40; 12-15-2015, 02:43 PM.
    daqu40
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Am I correct in assuming that your script used methods or properties which had been renamed for NinjaTrader 8? If so, I can test this out on my end to see if I see the same behavior, but I imagine this would be expected, due to the possibility of the template including a property which technically no longer existed, due to the new name.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Actually it was something that changed between Beta 6 & 7. I was using:

protected override void OnConnectionStatus(ConnectionStatus orderServerStatus, ConnectionStatus priceServerStatus)

that worked in NT7 & Beta 6. I learned in working another ticket that beta 7 was released so I did the update to beta 7 before fixing my code.

Let me know if this makes sense.
      daqu40
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Comment

Yes that makes perfect sense. I actually meant to say "from B6 to B7," so that's exactly as I suspected. I do suspect that the template disappearing would be expected because of the code-breaking change in B7, since the script still used the B6 implementation when you upgraded to B7, but I will still test that out on my end just to be 100% certain. I'll post back here with my findings.

Comment

In my tests, I'm actually not seeing the same behavior that you saw, although I could be going about my tests differently than your scenario.

Here is how I tested:
          1. Installed an older Beta using the older overload of OnConnectionStatusUpdate()
          2. Created a strategy using the older overload, then saved a strategy template for it
          3. Uninstalled and kept the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder intact
          4. Installed Beta 7
          5. Launched NinjaTrader, compiled in the NS Editor, and saw the compile error
          6. Fixed the code, and compiled again

Throughout this process, my strategy template remained in place. Were there any other code-breaking changes you had to address from B6 to B7, by chance? Any properties, specifically? Was my process different from yours somehow?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post stafe
          by stafe

Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          4 responses