PlotBrushes & On price change / On each tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlotBrushes & On price change / On each tick

Hey! I modified the Chaikin money flow for a new client. I simply added color to the plot based on the last direction, as seen in the attached code. It isn't plotting on the current bar as it should, when configured as On price change or On each tick. I've noticed that a basic PlotBrushes command works by itself in OnBarUpdate for On price change or On each tick, but it isn't functioning correctly within my conditions. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
    Attached Files
    lawyse
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Affordable Indicators

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Are you finding that the plot only extends up to two or three bars behind the current bar? Does the same issue occur with Calculate set to OnBarClose? If so, we have recently identified this issue, and are looking into it now, with tracking ID # NTEIGHT-9202.

Update: One of our Scripting Support team members just tested this out on his end, as well, and he saw the entire plot disappearing when the plot color for the current bar should be different than the previous bar. Are you seeing that on your end, as well?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 12-16-2015, 11:31 AM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Here is what im getting on my chart. Live bar is not ploting only show price tag.

Comment

Thank you, that looks just like the issue we are looking into. Just to be extra certain we are not looking at something new -- do you see the same behavior with Calculate set to OnBarClose?

Comment

yes

Comment

I appreciate it for checking into this. I attached the code, but didn't leave comments. Anyways, this indicator should be so simple. I noticed that if I isolate the PlotBrushes command by itself it colors the entire plot correctly. I also printed output of the Close and Trend DataSeries to make sure those values are correct. Can't figure out why it won't draw the last segment of the plot. Thanks for your help, guys!
            lawyse

Comment

Hello lawyse,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have submitted this as a bug report.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
              Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again guys for your help on this one. We have implemented a fix which resolves this issue in our most recent internal build today, so you should see the issue resolved in the next available public Beta release (Beta 8).

Please keep this in mind to re-test when the Beta 8 build is released. For future reference the issue was tracked with ID # NTEIGHT-9204.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 12-16-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Amazing! I appreciate your quick solution on this, Dave! I'm thankful that I was able to contribute in a small way, hopefully moving NT8 toward a production release. And thanks to rockon1122 for the opportunity partner and serve on this project.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
                  lawyse

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aa731
                  by aa731