Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to NT8 indicator conversion

Hello,

I'm reaching out to the forum for assistance in converting the two attached indicators from NT7 to NT8.

Additionally, TDSequential (listed as Ivatan1962_Seq in the downloads section) is included in the Ninjatrader 7 file sharing section, are there any ETA updates from Ninjatrader Support in regards to when these files will be converted?

Thanks so much!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Our Scripting Support team is making steady progress on the indicator conversion project, but there is not an ETA at this time, because their primary area of focus is still on NinjaTrader 7.

Although we do not provide custom script conversion services in-house, this post will remain open for any other developers who may wish to take on the project of converting the indicators you've shared.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by bmor786 View Post
      Hello,

I'm reaching out to the forum for assistance in converting the two attached indicators from NT7 to NT8.

Additionally, TDSequential (listed as Ivatan1962_Seq in the downloads section) is included in the Ninjatrader 7 file sharing section, are there any ETA updates from Ninjatrader Support in regards to when these files will be converted?

Thanks so much!
      I converted the IGTDSequential a month or so ago and was playing around with it. You're more than welcome to it. Note: you'll see some commented code where I was playing around with it trying to figure out how it works. Those are all commented though - all I did was draw arrows and set a couple of bools - and the charts should match up with the original.

Disclaimer: Converting indicators seemed like while it can be a pain if there are a lot of properties, it seemed like something that is relatively straightforward. But I've noticed a problem in an indicator I converted a couple of months ago:
      Code:
      		public TCTrendingTSF TCTrendingTSF(ISeries<double> input, int tSFForecast, int tSFPeriod)
      		{
      			if (cacheTCTrendingTSF != null)
      				for (int idx = 0; idx < cacheTCTrendingTSF.Length; idx++)
      					if (cacheTCTrendingTSF[idx] != null && cacheTCTrendingTSF[idx].TSFForecast == tSFForecast && cacheTCTrendingTSF[idx].TSFPeriod == tSFPeriod && cacheTCTrendingTSF[idx].EqualsInput(input))
      						return cacheTCTrendingTSF[idx];
      			return CacheIndicator<TCTrendingTSF>(new TCTrendingTSF(){ TSFForecast = tSFForecast, TSFPeriod = tSFPeriod }, input, [COLOR="Purple"]ref cacheTCTrendingTSF)[/COLOR];
      		}
      But I've recently - like, yesterday - discovered that I'm having this problem in this code in another indicator for some reason I haven't figured out yet. I get messages that tell me it's having trouble caching, or something like that that I've never seen before, anywhere. It doesn't crash my platform at least but it will shutdown the strategy it's hooked up to. Sometimes. Sometimes it runs just fine. This makes me doubt everything I've been doing.

So you'll have to accept this as-is. If it works like it's supposed to, then great! If not, sorry! Just understand that apparently there are nuances that take time to figure out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Level2 v1 for NT8

Greetings all, I would like to know if anyone can help me convert Levell 2 v1 indicator NT7 to NT8, Thanks

Comment

Hello Vicent,

Thank you for your note.

There is not an official indicator/strategy converter which takes scripts from NT7 and converts them to NT8 however on the forum there is a post which provides script for conversion.

I’d like to mention its best to do a manual conversion for accuracy as not all scripts are simple enough to be converted directly.

Also below I’ve provided a link to code breaking changes which you should consider when converting your scripts:

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
          Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post adeelshahzad  
          Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
          10 responses
          1 like