Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar timer to small on high res screens

Hi guys,

The bar timer text is to small, or needs to be adaptive to screen resolution, or have the option to change the text size in the indicator settings.

Please see attached screenshot on a 3200 x 1800 res screen (with windows setting to increase font sizes 150%). It doesn't appear to adapt the size as the text is microscopic.

Cheers,
    Shane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ShaneAU; 12-16-2015, 04:17 AM.

Hello Shane,

You can increase the size of text in the chart as follows. Please right click in the chart and select 'Properties'. Click the Font setting and increase the Size setting that now appears.

I will forward the suggestion to configure the text size of just the BarTimer to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. This sort of worked... it did make the text bigger for the bar timer, but unfortunately in order to make the text size of the bar timer large enough to read, i have to choose such a large font size that the price & time markers on the chart become way to big. This seems to be because the bar timer goes to a much smaller size than the other text no matter what I enter.

I appreciate the info though, I think I will adjust this font size even though it won't solve this particular problem.

Cheers,
      Shane
      Last edited by ShaneAU; 12-16-2015, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
        The bar timer text is to small, or needs to be adaptive to screen resolution, or have the option to change the text size in the indicator settings.
        Change line 127 to something like this..

Code:
         [COLOR=#080808]TextFormat[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]textFormat[/COLOR] = [COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR] [COLOR=#080808]TextFormat[/COLOR]([COLOR=#080808]Core[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Globals[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]DirectWriteFactory[/COLOR], [COLOR=#b22222]"Arial"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#080808]SharpDX[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]DirectWrite[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]FontWeight[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Bold[/COLOR], [COLOR=#080808]SharpDX[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]DirectWrite[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]FontStyle[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Normal[/COLOR], [COLOR=#080808]SharpDX[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]DirectWrite[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]FontStretch[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Normal[/COLOR], [COLOR=#ff8c00]20f[/COLOR]) { [COLOR=#080808]TextAlignment[/COLOR] = [COLOR=#080808]SharpDX[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]DirectWrite[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]TextAlignment[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]Leading[/COLOR], [COLOR=#080808]WordWrapping[/COLOR] = [COLOR=#080808]WordWrapping[/COLOR].[COLOR=#080808]NoWrap[/COLOR] };
        and then adjust the fontsize (20f) to whatever you like, or declare and use a float variable/property so that you can dynamically adjust thru the indicator properties..

You'll won't be able to do this to the default indy, so you'll have to save it with a different name first..

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Brilliant thanks Edge I'll give this a whirl in the morning!
          Thanks again & cheers

Comment

The suggestion to configure the text size of the BarTimer (without changing code) has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-1015.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses