NT8 windows behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 windows behavior

Not serious...but could be aggravating for some.

When I open a WIndow's screen....(Ex: Firefox with NinjaSupport)....and the browser window is on the same physical screen as NT8, the FireFox screen start "tearing"....(see attachment). I don't notice this behavior with most standard Windows screens...but it is pronounced with browsers.

Since I never run anything else with Ninja on a live trade machine, this won't be a problem for live trading, but I was on my development PC and trying to grab data to send to Ninja Support when I noticed it. I can make it happen frequently, but not 100% of the time...(which puzzled me a bit).

Anyway....FYI
    Attached Files

Originally posted by photog53 View Post
    When I open a WIndow's screen....(Ex: Firefox with NinjaSupport)....and the browser window is on the same physical screen as NT8, the FireFox screen start "tearing"....(see attachment). I don't notice this behavior with most standard Windows screens...but it is pronounced with browsers.
    First reported here..

and still experience this myself..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks Edge.....(I try to go thru prior postings by using a search on keywords, but sometimes I miss them and sometimes the results are so large I give up). Glad to know I wasn't just seeing things.

It now occurs to me that this will be a problem for folks hitting the F1 key to get Ninja Help.....difficult to read the help browser if NT8 is gobbling up the screen

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I believe this may be related to the widows classic theme, it appears by the window title that is what you may be using.

Regarding the post by -=Edge=-, I was able to reproduce that thread by using the classic theme only.

Tearing would be expected in windows in general when using the Classic theme specifically as DWM is disabled, you can read about that here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/greg_schecht...05/544314.aspx

I have submitted this to development for further review as well.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

photog53, would you be able to forward your trace file after doing the actions described in the post?

I have a current issue in place and we are trying to collect a few different trace files to better identify whats happening here.

If possible could you forward a copy to our platform support @ ninjatrader.com and provide the link to this post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=81209
          as well as my name Jesse?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse...
            Sorry for the delayed reply. We took the holidays 'off' (sort of).....and when I came back I was buried with other stuff. I may retry the 'classic' windows thing again with the new b8. I noticed that b8 fixed some of the other 'window' related stuff I had seen, so maybe this one went away as well.

Thanks....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes