More Expiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Expiry

I hate to keep beating the Contract Date issue....but I have yet one more question...

I can't seem to get the big Dec 10 rollover day gap to go away.
    ....(attached chart grab and my Ninja settings for Data)....

My data feed is Continuum NinjaBroker....
    trying to merge the back adjusted data
    Attached Files

Hello,

Please right click within your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data". If you still see this gap can you go to Tools->Instruments->Select YM->Edit and let me know what Merge policy is selected within the Instrument Editor.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I attached a screen grab....'Merge Policy' is Use Global Settings....

Just for my education....why should "Reload All Historical Data" work if the "Load" didn't work? I loaded that data fresh using the same Merge Policy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tried the 'right click' Reload Historical Data....unfortunately same results....big rollover gap.

Comment

Can you right click within the chart->Data Series and tell me what "Trading hours" template you have selected.

Comment

Standard Ninja.... CME US Index Futures RTH

Comment

Can you set Trading hours to <Use instrument settings> and let me know if you continue to see gaps in data.

Comment

I will try that....(but I don't use the ETH time frame in my trading....I don't want the light Asia session clutter). Does this mean NT8 won't let me use RTH on Rollover???

Comment

Originally posted by brakebills View Post
                  I will try that....(but I don't use the ETH time frame in my trading....I don't want the light Asia session clutter). Does this mean NT8 won't let me use RTH on Rollover???
                  Absolutely that is not that what that means, the other staff member in this thread is just trying to help figure isolate the bug in your chart.

Therefore, as a test, can you please switch to the ETH session and reload your historical data-> does the gap disappear?

After you're done testing this item, you can switch back to the session template you prefer.

Sometimes items like these might be easier to debug in real-time, so if this is problematic for you, please feel free to contact us with your phone number and we can arrange a call. However please keep in mind that NT8 beta tickets fall second in line to NT7 support.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Sorry..... didn't mean to aggravate anyone.

I tried YM 03-16 using the standard ETH....and a 30 day lookback. The chart only loaded to Dec 10 and stopped. Tried 20 days, 32 days, 60 days...still only goes to Dec 10 and stops.

Comment

Originally posted by brakebills View Post
                      Sorry..... didn't mean to aggravate anyone.

I tried YM 03-16 using the standard ETH....and a 30 day lookback. The chart only loaded to Dec 10 and stopped. Tried 20 days, 32 days, 60 days...still only goes to Dec 10 and stops.
                      That should be working and looks good on my end.

Can you please go to Help-> Mail to support and send us your Chart data and Database files, along with the standard log and trace files.

Please use ATTN: Chris in the subject line and also include your phone number in case we need to do a live debug session.

I've attached a screen shot with the settings required to send us this info.

Thanks.

Comment

First let me apologize for taking up your time. I am not a tech guy. I don't know how to use Cb or C# (whatever)....I just trade. Clearly I am out of my element. Whatever is wrong was probably caused by something I did...either out-of-sequence or I skipped something I shouldn't have skipped. Clearly 'beta test' is not the place for someone like me. I need to step out for a while and come back after testing is done.
                        Don't spend any more time on my issues.....(I clicked around thru the forum a bit and it seems other folks have much better documented issues that rank higher than mine).
                        I will try again later....(probably in a couple of months).

I appreciate the help....and I have learned a bit about NT8. Hope you guys manage to get some time off for the upcoming holidays...(not that far off).
                        Thanks!! .

Comment

No need to apologize and I appreciate you taking the time to test out our beta software. I'm sorry that it was giving you trouble and am curious to understand why that data was not loading or reloading as designed. I completely understand if these issues are more complicated that your experience level to troubleshoot, but if you do have some free time, we would be happy to look into that issue further with one of our techs. Please feel free to email us with your phone number and a time window you will be free and we can see if we can sort that out and get an official bug report into development if needed.

Cheers.

Comment

I followed the advice of some folks that have been testing NT8 much longer than me....and completely deleted and reinstalled NT8.....(I'm told that when NT8 gets messed up, a reinstall is sometimes the only thing that will fix it).

Everything seems to be working now.

I am going to step aside on NT8 for a while, until the basic parts that I need are working....or at least until the user entry edits are in place to keep folks like me from messing up NT8. Clearly 'beta test' is not a place for amateurs.
                            Thanks again for the help and patience!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post xiinteractive  
                            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred