Exporting daily bar data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting daily bar data

I followed the help file, which is straightforward I thought but Is not working for me, on how to export the daily bar data of GC-02-16 (Gold) but all I get are 16 days (before this I downloaded back to march 2). All the data looks like it is there but it is spread out over the previous months futures contracts. How do I combine it into one file (contract) and export the data? I could just export the data from each contract but that would be a pain in the a$$ .
    Thanks

Hello All4theticks,

You could export data for the GC ##-## (continuous contract) so all data is exported in one file. You will need to load the historical data first in NinjaTrader before you can export it.

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, type GC in the Name field and hit Search. Highlight the GC futures and set Expiry to ##-##. Click the arrow pointing to the left. Click OK in the Instrument Manager.

Create a chart for the GC ##-## that loads the data you like. Once loaded, please export data for the GC ##-##.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Wow, thanks for the fast response!! With your help I was able to find what your talking about in the Instrument List (I'm using NT 8) and did what you suggested , added GC and changed the expiry to ##-##. I tried to load a chart but nothing comes up. Even when I try to download the data I get this error in the log tab : Filed to resolve instrument for market data.

Comment

This indicates the connected data feed unfortunately does not support continuous data. Can you please disconnect your connection and connect to the Kinetick EOD connection that is present by default. Subsequently create a new GC ##-## daily chart and check if the requested data is loaded.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes