• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

As a follow up to your question,

In the case the addon uses either the Email interface or the Dll interface this would be expected regarding the external software and the two platforms, .

For clarification, There is only one NTDirect.dll that is installed at system level which means that not only should you not run both instances at the same time in this case, but only one DLL will ever be installed on the system.

That means that you cannot just shut down NT7 and start NT8 and vice versa. It will use the DLL of the last version that was installed. If you had installed NT8 second, NT7 would try to use NT8's dll instead of the correct version.

If you need to use NT7, it would be suggested to ensure to install NT7 second after removing the two, otherwise if NT8 were to be used the reverse would be needed or NT8 would be installed second.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to just post quickly that I am currently reviewing this topic with development and will post back once i have a conclusion on this question.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• atata
    started a topic ATI interface for trading accepts only 1 connection

ATI interface for trading accepts only 1 connection

Hi there, this is what I've got from Jigsaw support:
    "Hi Attila,

Yes - this is an issue with AT Interface in NinjaTrader7 & 8. That is the Interface that Ninja provides for us too.

With both platforms open - the AT Interface in one platform picks up all of the order messages.

So you cannot reliably place orders with both platforms open. Ninja know about this, although I doubt they will fix it."

I wonder what if any work around the issue. Basically the issue is if I open NT 7 first I am not able to place trade from NT 8 using Jigsaw DOS only from the NT 7 Jigsaw DOS interface or if I restart NT 7 while NT 8 was running the order preference transferred over to NT 8 and won't be able to place orders via NT 7 until NT 8 being shutdown.

thanks,

atata

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
11 responses
0 likes