DataBox: "Always On Top" will not disable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DataBox: "Always On Top" will not disable

When turned off using its right-click popup menu properties, the Data Box still stays on top of all Windows. No matter the setting for "Always On Top", the Data Box never moves to the back of any active Window, or any window for that matter.

NT8,Beta7 on Windows 10, v1511 (OS Build 10586.29)

Hello,

Thank you for posting this.

I don't see this occurring on my windows 8 install, I will locate a windows 10 box today and test this as you are to confirm.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for posting this.

I don't see this occurring on my windows 8 install, I will locate a windows 10 box today and test this as you are to confirm.

A picture tells a better story, and a video tells it even better than that.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the video.

I tested this on a few different machines/ windows versions here at the office but as of yet I am unable to confirm this. I wanted to check if you had any other PC's and if so are they experiencing the same if you have NinjaTrader installed there?

The video does show this occurring so I would like to identify what actually caused that in your case.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the video.

I tested this on a few different machines/ windows versions here at the office but as of yet I am unable to confirm this. I wanted to check if you had any other PC's and if so are they experiencing the same if you have NinjaTrader installed there?

The video does show this occurring so I would like to identify what actually caused that in your case.

It must have been a corrupted installation. After restarting NinjaTrader did not help, and then restarting Windows did not help either, I reinstalled NinjaTrader 8-B7, and the problem seems to not be there any longer.

I do not know if the logs will help, but I presume that they are still here if you really want to see them. After all. I did not delete the user directory before I reinstalled NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello,

Well at least it is resolved but still a mystery.

I am unsure what specifically would have caused that but please if you see it come up again let me know.

As for your trace files, if you would like to send one from a time you knew that had occurred to platform support @ ninjatrader.com in reference to ticket 1433540 at the very least I could look it over and check for problems.

Comment

Hello,

Well at least it is resolved but still a mystery.

I am unsure what specifically would have caused that but please if you see it come up again let me know.

As for your trace files, if you would like to send one from a time you knew that had occurred to platform support @ ninjatrader.com in reference to ticket 1433540 at the very least I could look it over and check for problems.

After market close, I shall do some date/time matching with the video and the log, and see if I can find the relevant log.

Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post eDanny
              by eDanny

Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
              0 responses