Sim account hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim account hangs

I set my sim account with a realistic account size and as it was being exhausted of monopoly money, my strategy tried to take another trade. Since there wasn't a sufficient amount of fake funds in my fake account, I (properly) got a series of errors telling me I was broke and that the strategy would shut attempt to close the trades and shut down.

Well, that hung the whole platform. Except, it really didn't seem like it was hung up if you looked in Task Manager. I didn't get the "Not Responding" message like you would expect, however I couldn't click on anything either, anywhere. Hoping it would come back I decided to leave it while I took my kids to school. When I came back there was no change after about an hour. So I ended task in Task Manager.

When I restarted NT, I couldn't start Ninjatrader - the familiar message about instance not set to an object, or something like that. So I deleted _Worspace and tried again. Same thing. So I deleted all my workspaces and tried again. Same thing. "Object not set to instance..." So I undeleted those workspaces and renamed my database. That allowed me to restart NT, start over with a whole new database and away I go.

To recreate, get your worst strategy and run it on a sim account with not very much monopoly money in the bank. I had eight charts, all with strategies running.

Good luck!

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this issue with us. I will run a few tests to see if I can reproduce on my end. In the meantime, is your old database still in your recycle bin, by chance? If the database turns out to be the cause, it would be great if we could get our hands on the offending db from your side.

I'll post back here with my findings from my tests.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Attached....
      Last edited by traderpards; 12-20-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I was able to launch NinjaTrader 8 successfully with your database, so unfortunately that does not appear to be the cause. I'm still trying to reproduce the issue manually, but the strategy I designed to lose money is actually making very profitable trades (go figure). I will post back with any updates after I can replicate the scenario.

Comment

I've reproduced the scenario using the Simulated Data Feed, and I see the error messages you reported, but I'm not seeing the freezing behavior. Can you please send me your trace files for the last day that this issue occurred? I may be able to spot a clue in there.

Do you find that this issue happens every time for you, or did it only occur the one time? If you create a new Sim account with a low starting cash value ($1, $10, etc.), and use the attached script to simply take losing trades until the account is negative, do you see the freezing occur every time?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
            Thank you. I was able to launch NinjaTrader 8 successfully with your database, so unfortunately that does not appear to be the cause. I'm still trying to reproduce the issue manually, but the strategy I designed to lose money is actually making very profitable trades (go figure). I will post back with any updates after I can replicate the scenario.
            That sounds like most of what I see. Please post the strategy that was designed to lose money and is misbehaving.

Who knows? Maybe we can break the bank with it.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              That sounds like most of what I see. Please post the strategy that was designed to lose money and is misbehaving.

Who knows? Maybe we can break the bank with it.
              Wouldn't you know that a counter-intuitive strategy would actually be a winner. All I was doing was entering Long when I detect price action turning down, and entering Short when I detect price action turning up, and then I used the Simulated Data feed to manipulate the price action.
              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005