Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurtleBeach
    replied
    I am having similar "You are accessing an index..." issues with trying to put values into a private Series, defined in State.DataLoaded clause of OnStateChanged (also tried in State.Configure)

DirectSeries = new Series<double>(this, MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite);

The number of elements (DirectSeries.Count) value is 2727.
    When I attempt to assign values starting at element 240, the error occurs:

For (int I = 240; I >=0; I--)
    {
    DirectSeries[I] = <a double value>;
    }
    This is extremely frustrating. It should be a trivial matter to put values into a private series. While I concede I must be missing something, I cannot understand why this simple code doesn't work.
    Last edited by TurtleBeach; 12-22-2015, 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hi habibalex,

I'd like to assist by correcting a small sample.

Can you create a working indicator with just this code demonstrated and export this?

Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript

Leave a comment:

• habibalex
    replied
    This doesn't quite fix my problem since I still need to loop through all 35000 values in Highs[1] and Lows[1]. Those values do not exist to complete the rest of the indicator's calculation. It looks like anything greater 13 bars ago does not exist in those series as well.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    If you are calling a Series outside of a core market data handler, the current bar pointer may not be in sync, resulting in index out of range exceptions.

For any custom event methods, like when your text box changes, or a mouse down for example, you should use Absolute Indexes rather than try to find a barsAgo value. I have posted a simlar comment with some undocumented advice as well: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...49&postcount=2

Leave a comment:

• habibalex
    started a topic Index Out of Range for multi-series

Index Out of Range for multi-series

I have an indicator that runs on the last historical bar of chart data. It calls a function similar to the runMe one below and it works fine with no exceptions.

I have a textbox which when changed will call the runMe function again. All subsequent times the runMe function is run, Times[1][endI] throws an error ArgumentOutOfRangeException. Times[1].Count has 35082 members, and endI is only around 500 when the Print(Times[1][endI]) is throwing this exception. Why would this happen?

Code:

private void runMe(int startI, int endI)
    for(int key = endI;key <= startI; key++){
    	if(BarsArray[1].IsFirstBarOfSessionByIndex(Times[1].Count - 1 - key)){//first bar of session
    		endI = key ;
    		Print(Times[1][endI]);
    		break;
    	}
    }	
    }

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
24 responses
0 likes