Crosshairs shows incorrect Price Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshairs shows incorrect Price Data

I've noticed that the price data displayed both in the Data Box when placing the crosshair cursor on a candle and holding down the middle mouse button (HLOC) and the price displayed on the right side of the screen when the cursor is placed anywhere on a chart is wholly inaccurate and sometimes makes no sense at all.

I am using NT8 B7.

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

When viewing the Mini Data Box the information displayed will not display the price where the Cross hair horizontal line is and will only display information for the bar where the Cross hair vertical line is at that time.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I know that, however it is not displaying correct data for the bar I have the crosshair vertical line on nor is it displaying the correct price on the the right side of the chart where I have my price display.

Interestingly, earlier when I wrote the original post, it wasn't accurate on any instrument or chart I tried it. Now it is displaying accurately. I
      ll keep an eye on it.

Have you tried it? Is the first you've heard of this issue?

Please advise.

Comment

I tested this on my end and was unable to reproduce this behavior. I have not seen this reported previously however please let me know if you do happen to see this again.

Comment

Ok, here is what I've found, which no doubt relates to other issues that manifest when a chart is maximized:

I have six NT8 charts on a 24" monitor. When the charts are sized to fit on the chart together, all data from the Crosshair and Data Box readings is correct. When I then maximize a chart the readings are incorrect with the degree of error changing as I scale the Y-axis by dragging with the mouse on the right side of the chart. In other words changing the Y-axis scale changes the readings of the Crosshair and Data Box when a chart is maximized.

Give that a try and see if you see what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirsqard View Post
            Ok, here is what I've found, which no doubt relates to other issues that manifest when a chart is maximized:

I have six NT8 charts on a 24" monitor. When the charts are sized to fit on the chart together, all data from the Crosshair and Data Box readings is correct. When I then maximize a chart the readings are incorrect with the degree of error changing as I scale the Y-axis by dragging with the mouse on the right side of the chart. In other words changing the Y-axis scale changes the readings of the Crosshair and Data Box when a chart is maximized.

Give that a try and see if you see what I see.
            . . . When the charts are all sized to fit on the MONITOR together . . .

Comment

If you move the cross hair to the far right edge of the bar does the data in the Mini Data Box show the correct values?

Comment

No, with the chart maximized the behavior persists: values change as the y-axis scale is changed.

Comment

I would like to schedule a call with you to observe this behavior. Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject then in the body please include a link to this thread, a time you are available and the best phone number to reach you at.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                  Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes