Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Magnifier window to accurately locate draw tools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnifier window to accurately locate draw tools...

Snagit has a nice magnifier window that enables one to precisely locate capture frames....something like this magnified cross hair window could enable one to easily locate the start and end point of draw objects with precision....

This could be toggled on or off by users...

Screen shot schematic examples below...

Thanks....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-23-2015, 08:51 PM.

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your post!

I'll need some clarification here. What would be the exact reason of having this tool within NinjaTrader? Would be used for zoom purposes, or how would it be used for drawing objects?

I have also looked at your screenshots and still was a little confused.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you have Snagit there at Ninja....do a region screen capture of any area of a chart....that will open the magnifier window....then you can play around with the round window as though you want to place a draw tool precisely on a particular bar....I believe you will see it is pretty easy to place the exact bar you want on the cross hairs of the magnifier window.....if this could be used for Ninja just the magnifier window would open (no Frame would appear in this case) to place the beginning and end points of any draw tool accurately.

My feeling is there is a better solution to accurately placing draw objects in Ninja.... perhaps this could be a consideration...and I believe this would be unique to Ninja...

Thanks...
      Last edited by Alfred; 12-28-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for clarifying.

I will submit this to our Product Development to have the Zoom similar to the one Snaggit offers, so that it would be more accurate when placing a drawing objects. Once I have a the unique ID, I will update this thread.. Thanks again for the feedback!

Comment

Riley....I believe the way you may want this to behave is to have the Zoom magnifier window appear (inplace of the Ninja pen) when selecting a draw tool....it would act this way to then accurately position the draw tool initially and then one could continue to the 2nd draw tool point desired to finish the desired location.

Of course users could opt out of the magnifier and use the pen instead.

Another consideration is when a draw tool is in place and you want to move an end point....one must put up with the fairly large (& clumsy) blobs to accurately position....in this case the magnifier window could appear at the end of the tool you want to move or adjust...you guys would need to play with this to accomplish the best way to do this.......

Thanks...
          Last edited by Alfred; 12-28-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hi

This relates to the problem of the draw tool 'cursor' and handles obscuring the chart details. Here is an earlier suggestion. I'd be happy with either solution.

Cheers
            Tony

Comment

Another idea on improving highlights...

The draw tools highlight circles with the black holes are simply not a good idea. Small circular objects like that cannot be done well with square pixels.

You have 3 types if circular handles shown only one way...why ??...these give the charts a Toys-R-Us like appearance and use.

The three types if small squares in NT 7 were much much better than the circles. The larger circles obscure way too much.

Here is another possibility....a narrow vertical box for most highlights (this width might expand and contract as bar widths do.)....in the example below the narrow boxes are shown as 2 pixels wide.....active handles could be a different color possibly or could blink...the vertical boxes would more easily align with chart bars visually ....the mid point markers could be a small square as in NT 7.

Color, style & width user selectble for boxes.

Thanks...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Alfred; 01-04-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Draw tool highlight circles

The new draw tool end of line highlight circles are 11 pixels wide....the old line highlight square in NT7 was 7 pixels wide....with the circle being so much wider now it makes it more difficult to accurately position a draw tool on the chart.

What was Ninjas thinking here anyway ??...the new circle solution is bigger and more awkward....why is this ...??....why is the new circle supposed to be an improvement...??

The red square above the circle in the screen shot below is the standard Square chart marker ....also 11 pixels wide...

Attached Files
                Last edited by Alfred; 01-13-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts!

I will submit these items to our Product Development team for consideration. Items that would be included would be changing the anchor points for drawing objects and the size of the newer anchor points from bigger to smaller circles.

Comment

One more suggestion...

Use diamonds rather than circles...the points of the diamond can point to particular bars for precise chart location, where circles cannot. The diamonds shown in the screenshot below are the same size as the diamond chart marker in NT7.

Have colors of diamonds user selectable. The current white squares markers in NT7 now get lost in some chart patterns. A slightly larger diamond (or different color maybe) for an active handle, as on trend channel. Use a smaller diamond for the mid point markers.

Thanks....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I think it's also useful to be able to see through the cursor marker so the bar underneath is visible. For example, the cursor marker should have a finer outline and should not be filled, regardless of its shape.

Cheers
                      Tony

Comment

Hello All, thank you for you all for your feedback!

Alfred, I have adjusted your feature request: instead of circular anchor points, you would like diamonds. This way it is more accurate when placing drawing objects.

Jellybean, I have submitted this also for the cursor to have transparency options.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
                          Hello All, thank you for you all for your feedback!

Alfred, I have adjusted your feature request: instead of circular anchor points, you would like diamonds. This way it is more accurate when placing drawing objects.

Jellybean, I have submitted this also for the cursor to have transparency options.
                          Has a tracking number been assigned to this idea ??....to use diamonds for object highlight anchor points ( as shown in the 01-14-2016 post screenshot below) rather than the currennt circles with a black center as markers...

See the 01-14-2016 post below for additional info....

thanks......
                          Last edited by Alfred; 04-12-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Hello Alfred, yes there was a tracking number assigned to your request. It is SFT-1077.

Jellybean, the feature request ID for the item you submitted is SFT-1093.

Comment

Another Idea

If Ninja wants to keep the little circles with the solid black donut as now at object highlights......
                              how about making the center hollow and adding a mini cross hair for precise location...
                              the mini cross hair could also appear at the point of the draw tool placement pen for greater accuracy of initial draw object placement...

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes