NT8 64-bit Crash on startup 'Missing Method'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 64-bit Crash on startup 'Missing Method'

Hello, my 32bit version starts up fine, but the 64bit crashes with a missing method error.

Maybe there are some MS libs I am missing or something, posting error message for you to decipher.

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: NinjaTrader.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 8.0.0.7
    Problem Signature 03: 566075e9
    Problem Signature 04: WindowsBase
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
    Problem Signature 06: 5348b4e9
    Problem Signature 07: 14eb
    Problem Signature 08: 12
    Problem Signature 09: System.MissingMethodException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 7956
    Additional Information 2: 795639db9215014aff1876766078b096
    Additional Information 3: b844
    Additional Information 4: b844a0d53246ab73bbd57150b03183ed

I'd prefer to use the 64bit ver as it will be able to utilize more system memory. Another issue is that I can't compile the indicators since there are several duplicate compiler references to the same name DLL's (compiler complains of this), ones in the 32bit folder and the others in the 64bit folder. As I am only able to use the 32bit ver I don't want to delete the 32bit references. I eventually want to be using the 64bit ver so I don't want to delete the 64bit references either in case I have trouble restoring them if I eventually get the 64bit ver to start up.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Hello anon84,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> EMail Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=81414
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for the fast reply.

I wanted to check the contents of these log & trace files before sending them, managed to find both sets of files and they list the exact problem. There's nothing else of note in the files, just PC info and generic trace comments.

Source of the problem is:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void NinjaTrader.Server.Client.set_DoSuppressServerMess ages(Boolean)'.

So if you know which DLL contains this method it may help me. Maybe it's missing in my 64bit folder or corrupt.

Normally I'd use Process Monitor to see what file the .exe is trying to read, but from troubleshooting before I found your copy protection then crashes the app thinking I am hacking...

It's a common problem. I heard a while back Process Monitor leaves its driver in memory even when closed, so DRM and anti-cheat software often have problems.
      Last edited by anon84; 12-24-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Hello anon84,

We are looking to investigate the matter to prevent it from occurring in future releases (beta testing).

I am not sure which .dll could be causing this. Could you send us the full log and trace files?

Comment

I've sent them via the method stated. I had to open 64bit to get the crash, then open 32bit ver to post the suport request. This creates more log and trace files that are associated with the successful launch of the 32bit version. So if your reporting method only sends the latest log files then it's going to miss the prior files with the actual erros in them.

As I said though there's nothing else of interest in them. If you know which DLL that method is defined in then we can try some troubleshooting. I have 133 files in the bin64 folder, size 64.6MB (NOT size on disk).

Maybe you can tell if this the correct amount.

Comment

Whoops, just got a message in my email saying delivery failed (I sent it within NT8)

Mail Delivery System <[email protected]> To [email protected]

Today at 7:45 PM

----- Forwarded Message -----

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
            recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
            host mx1.emailsrvr.com [173.203.187.1]
            SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
            550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied.
            reference http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=81414

So I will just attach the files.

Edit: I searched the contents of the files in both the bin(32bit) and bin64(64bit) folders and found reference to the missing method only in the 32bit version of NinjaTrader.Core.dll. Looking at that same section in the 64bit version I find references to 2 methods missing: get_DoSuppressServerMessages & set_DoSuppressServerMessages.

This may be completely normal but I just thought it was worth a mention given the latter method is the one NT is complaining about being missing.

I actually found a possible cause while investigating, the DLLs in the 64bit folder are all still version 0.0.6, they are 0.0.7 in the 32bit folder. I had 0.0.6 installed prior to this but could never get that to even start up, both 32bit and 64bit versions crashed on startup. Only NinjaTrader.Adapter.exe and NinjaTrader.exe are version 0.0.7 in the 64bit folder.

Again this could be totally as it should be, but I'm trying to reinstall to see if it creates 0.0.7 versions of every file.

Update: The reinstall did create 0.0.7 versions of the DLLs. Searching the contents of the new NinjaTrader.Core.dll it now does contain references to the missing method.

NT8 64bit now starts up! So it was something wrong with my files, figured it was, since such a glaring error would have been fixed by now if it was indeed a software problem. Thanks for trying to help.

I was kind of hoping this would have somehow fixed my missing horizontal grid lines in the Market Analyzer issue, alas it was wishful thinking. They are still AWOL.
            Last edited by anon84; 12-29-2015, 12:38 PM. Reason: Issue solved

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes