Horizontal line display price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal line display price

First off great job on NT 8 keep this up and the guys at Esignal will really be worried!

Just a note here, horizontal lines do not display price. can this be fixed? it would seem that should be a must do for the new platform!

otherwise great job!!!!!

LB

Hi Logan b,

Horizontal lines can display the price on which they reside, though you'll need to apply them via the 'Constant lines' indicator. To do that, just right-click on your chart > left-click Indicators > double-click 'Constant lines' in the Available list panel to add it to the Configured panel, then specify a line value. Once applied, the price that line resides on will be highlighted in the price column.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply,
      If i can be honest why do you not simply allow the horizontal line tool to have price attached??? that is how every single other platform i use works. Even the free charting platforms at investing.com and Freestockcharts.com have the horizontal line tool with price and left click and drag capability. I am not a programmer but it does not seem like it would be hard thing to add. This constant line indicator does not server the purpose of drawing in multiples levels of supply, demand, support, resistance gbobex high and low ect. It give the ability to draw 4 lines and are labor intensive manner and they are not adjustable by left click and drag....

A simple horizontal line tool that has price attached would fit all those needs.

Do you think it is possible sometime in the near future you can add price to the already existing horizontal line tool?

Comment

I agree with this suggestion, it seems obvious that this feature should be part of the base platform and not require a third part add on.

Also another useful feature is to have the date and time on the vertical line and of course this should dynamically update as you move the line

Comment

Jreat sugestion James!

Another thing that would make a lot sense now the we have the ability to save templates for tools things like line tools is the option to add a visible tag to a horizontal line. for example if i can to label a line " short beyond this point" and have it attached to the line and visible on the chart.

This is a very useful feature and would again make this new platform far more user friendly!!!

If anyone has seen Esignal line tools you will know what user friendly is. Let's copy them!!!

No need to reinvent the wheel=)

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll pass these ideas along to the development team.
            <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I've gotta agree here. It seem silly to not have a price on your horizontal line. Honestly something that simple makes it feel like nt isn't a serious platform. Every other charting platform has it and it's extremely useful for determining your entry/exit rather than just guessing what the price is.

Comment

Please also add price markers to rays, for both drawn by hand or drawn by indicators.

Comment

I been using the label horizontal line on NT7, but I cannot find the same for NT8. I am going back to NT7, its really disappointing such basic feature hard to get.

Comment

Hi Alex,
                    Can you please add my vote to having the option of displaying the price on horizontal lines (with the option of saving this preference in the default template settings).
                    Thanks & cheers,
                    Shane

Comment

Hello ShaneAU,

Thank you for your post, your vote has been tracked.
                      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Add my vote too please.

Comment

Added, thank you for your feedback!
                          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Pirsqard View Post
                            Add my vote too please.
                            I vote yes, as well.

Although I have LabelHorzLineAlerts for NT7, I too feel adding
                            a text label with price is very fundamental and should be a part
                            of the base functionality.

I mean, Fibonacci draw tool can label the lines it draws, so why can't
                            the simple horizontal line tool label the lines it draws?

Same with the Ray tool.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
                              Added, thank you for your feedback!
                              Any update on this please

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes