Importing Trade Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Trade Data

Hi currently use interactive brokers and enter trades directly in their TWS or mobile platform. Is there a way to import trades from IB into NT8? I had this need tracking back to years when I was using other brokers(and didn't enter trades directly out of ninja), I hope this functionality is added in NT8.

Hello,

There will not be a way to import trade data from years back from TWS into NinjaTrader, as the NinjaTrader database logs trades by connecting entry and exit executions locally. Open orders which were placed in TWS, on the other hand, should show up in NinjaTrader when connected to your IB account.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

There will not be a way to import trade data from years back from TWS into NinjaTrader, as the NinjaTrader database logs trades by connecting entry and exit executions locally. Open orders which were placed in TWS, on the other hand, should show up in NinjaTrader when connected to your IB account.
      Is there any software that you can recommend to edit SDK file to add the trades manually?

Comment

If you're referring to the database, I believe there is a Visual Studio plugin that should allow you to edit ninjatrader.sdf to possibly add executions.

There is a way to manually add executions directly in NinjaTrader 8, as well. Simply open a Trade Performance window to the Executions display, then right-click in the window, then click Add Execution. If you add your entry and exit executions, the trades will be generated/stored behind the scenes by pairing them up.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Jon17
        by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM