• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to jump to the next/previous trade in the Strategy Analyzer chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to jump to the next/previous trade in the Strategy Analyzer chart?

Hi there,

Is there a quick way to jump to the next/previous trade in the Strategy Analyzer chart?

I have started doing some back testing of a NinjaScript strategy I am in the process of coding, and I have to scroll for ages to see where the next trade is in the chart.

It would save a mountain of time if I could just click a button to jump to the next/previous trade in the chart.

Regards,

Scott

Control arrow

Comment

Grumpy, thanks reply mate, much appreciated ;-)

After a bit of trial and error I see you can also right click on a row in the Executions or Trades display of the Strategy Analyzer and select Chart from the context menu and it will open a new chart window at the location of that trade.

Scotty

Comment

Hello,
        You can view all the Hot Keys for NinjaTrader 8 by going to Control Center > Tools > Hot Keys. Please see the following link for more information on working with Hot Keys: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...h_hot_keys.htm
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cody B,

Thanks for the response mate... I will check it out. It would be awesome if there was a way to:
          - Jump to the next loosing or next winning trade in the chart.
          - Show the location of winning / loosing positions on the horizontal scroll bar with green/red lines, a bit like the way the chrome browser does in the vertical scroll bar when you search for something on a web page.
          - An easy way to toggle between a position on the chart, and the same trade in the Executions and Trades View.

Regards,

Scott
          Last edited by codeowl; 01-14-2016, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Coby B,

I just had a look in the Hot Keys for the Chart in NT8, and the Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right are not in the Chart category, (or any other category).

Regards,

Scott

Comment

Hello,
              I have submitted a suggestion to our development team to add these hotkeys to the hotkey manager. I am currently looking for documentation on where these hot keys that are not provided in the hot key manager are located.
              Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cody B,

Thanks for following this up mate.

Regards,

Scott

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Sulfred, Today, 12:34 AM
                2 responses